question for everyone

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starblazer1989, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Starblazer1989

Starblazer1989 Well-Known Member

since it was mentioned that i should ask this question in the Board section, here it is again - what would happen if Bay & Company decided to have a totally lockdown on this movie, meaning no leak pics / no mentioning of Peter Cullen / no mentioning of any script / nothing at all. after seeing this movie, would the reaction be the same as it's now or would everyone's reaction be different ? again, i know that i posted this before, but again, it was suggested that it be better suited for this board.

2. The Fortress Maximus

The Fortress Maximus Has a toilet in his head

I really cannot tell you...I assume though my opinion of this current leaked script, it I had never read it prior and they shot it, would be much the same.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Well since I was the one who suggested it be asked here. Here's my answer

For the most part I feel that when it comes to people who (like myself) have no problem with how the movie's shaping up it won't matter. Because if the looks remained the same we'd like it whether or not we knew in advance.

In the case of those who don't like how it's shaping up. As nasty and over the top vitrolic as SOME choose to be. Those same people would be like 1000 times worse because they'd have wasted whatever amount of cash on a movie ticket and snacks

4. Barricade

Barricade Frenzy is in my pants.

I think if I had gone into this movie not knowing any of the things, or seen any of the things, that I honestly would have liked it a LITTLE bit more than I might have after so many months of negative reinforcement. But at least this way I won't be shocked. :( 

5. Starblazer1989

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that if that happened, the movie would probably be more enjoyable, and things would be more surprising. I've stayed away from any major spoilers so for, so I'll still enjoy the movie. I've never really ever seen a movie that I didn't like. Peace out.

7. The Fortress Maximus

The Fortress Maximus Has a toilet in his head

See I like spoilers...and in fact that is a horrible name for them, carries a negative connotation...they ought to be called "enhancers".

8. Starblazer1989

for me, if that happened - i would flame this movie so bad that i would probably be banned from every Transformer message board on the internet

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Generally I don't mind spoilers, but only on TV shows. As it gets me curious to see what I read play out.

But when it comes to movies, nope I avoid 'em. Because I'm paying money so I want to be surprised. I know little bits and pieces, but major plot points I don't want to know

10. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

Agreed. I've only seen some of the bits, and a small portion of the script. But i DON'T want to read the entire thing til i've seen the film.

And as for the original question, i would still go and see it, no matter how much the critics (who see it first on 'press release') slate it. Plus, if there was a lockdown on everything, official secrets etc...., then half of these threads would be empty. Personally i cant wait for the film, and i will enjoy it, and it will make me feel like a kid again. I've been waiting 20 years for this, and nothing is going to ruin it for me, let-alone a bunch of G1-a-holics!

11. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I like the leakage. It prepares you for what is to come. Seriously, if they had no leaking something would explode. Either the fans...or the film. At least I won't be sitting in the theater with my jaw sittin' on my lap as I'm wonderin' WTF?

12. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I hate spoilers but i enjoy a good tease... i like being teased by a trailer but i dont like to see any details. Had i not heard anything about this movie, had not seen a pic or heard a rumor. The movie would have whipped me into a frenzy of anticipation... im excited to see it still, but think... if you knew nothing EVERYTHING would be new, unexpected.... thats what i personally enjoy.

13. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Yeah I'm glad I'm kind of prepared to the changes in design asthetic. This way I don't choke the poor soul sitting next to me in the movie theatre out of shock and reflex. I'm actualy somewhat expecting to be sitting on the fence after seeing the movie...having enjoyed watching the action..but yet, not completely satisfied with everything. And besides the Spider-man franchise, that's how I've felt about everything from X-men to Star Wars Episode I-III. At least Ghost Rider will be here this week to keep me entertained.

14. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Leaks helped this film...

When images first came out most people hated it...but after time and letting things soak in...more and more people are warming up to the designs...dropping this bomb on everyone openning night...you've got alot of fans shaking their heads...

I for one am still on the negative side...but we'll see...

15. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

lol miraisoup is my best friend and hes probably happy hes seen the designs too... hes like 6'4 as amusing as it might be to see him punting kids left in right in a blind rage im kind of glad thats not how its going down lol.

16. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

hmmm..... Didn't think of it quite like that. I admit when I'm wrong, but I'm still gonna enjoy it.......

:eek: 

17. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

<~~If I may speak

I think whenever a new Trans line comes out it takes some time to get used to, whether Prime's a semi or a firetruck or if Megatron's a giant gun or tank. Most the time the fans do adapt and come to love the new characters and alternations in storyline, or they'll stick to their fav and don't bother with the parallel universe. There's still plenty of Trans to go around.

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

This isn't even a question that can be answered with any certainty. To answer it honestly, we'd have to know what the experience of watching the movie on-screen is like, and none of us have done that yet. You can't ask us whether our reaction would be different when we don't even know for sure what that reaction will be in the first place. You should ask again when the movie is out.