Question for ebay, won item, no invoice - user dave_the_keen

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by exomega255, Aug 31, 2010.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I won 5 classics figure from this guy for a gooddeal (dave_the_keen). 90 bucks total for Grimlock, Octane, Jetfire, Mirage, and Ratchet, and I asked him for invoice because in his listings he said he will combine shipping. He also said payment needs to be received within 3 days of auction end. Its the second day, and he has not returned my "request total". In your wisdom, what should I do? I have already paid for the items + 20$ for shipping (without reduction), just so he cannot just "back out" of a deal.

Has anyone here dealt with him? What are my options, as he has no indication of a received payment nor shipping (aside from paypal automatic responses)

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Send another message to him. And next time, don't pay until you are invoiced.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

What he said^

But especially the part about not paying until you've been invoiced. In cases like this I ALWAYS request a total amount to pay from the seller so eBay can see that you've done your part up until that point so the ball is in his court if he wants you to pay.

Every time the seller will wait a few days (usually because they are in a strop about not making as much profit as they'd hoped from the shipping costs) and then they will invoice me with a reduced shipping cost.

Hope this works out for you though man.

4. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Wait, you knew the seller offered combined shipping, but paid before getting an invoice, thus you've overpaid?

5. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Since you already paid, the seller doesn't have to do anything.

You could request from the seller a partial refund for the shipping cost that you paid.

A seller can always back out. He could just refund your payment and not send the items.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    well, actually, 20$ shipping, maybe a bit overpaid, but then, if he is gonna cram it in, it would still be 10-15$ shipping, I am not going to hassle for 5-10$. My logic of paying first is, so he cannot say "well, you didn't pay within 3 day period" and back out on his deal.

I mean, if I get my items shipped with 20$ shipping, its fine, I think its still a reasonable deal. I think the main issue for me right now, is that he has no contact yet within 2 days thus far.

7. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would of done the same thing...
    Just accept that shipping costs 20$, while still asking for a partial refund.
    You'll be happy if you get it, and you wont care if you don't.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    well, I won't care if I don't get a refund. I will care if I don't get the items

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Nah, there's still the "Leave a Negative Feedback" option. :lol 

10. Sochie

Sochie Well-Known Member

Having done quite a bit of eBay sales, I can tell you, the seller is kinda slacking. If he said he'd combine shipping, but then didn't invoice you, then you could have waited as long as you wanted to pay, cause the ball was in his court. Personally, if I have someone ask me after they buy 2-3 of my auctions if I'll combine shipping, I tell them I'll combine it to actual shipping charge, and then invoice them for that amount. If they happen to pay before I invoice, I refund them the difference. It's worth it to do that, because you not only have a happy buyer, but you're also not ripping them off on shipping like so many do on eBay.

Hope things work out for you though.

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    actually that shipping fee for those figures is not bad if they are MOSC...if they are loose then yeah that is too high...but MOSC..you are going to need a large box if you expect the cards not to get smashed to hell and back.

12. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    /\/\Actually you don't need a large box, all you need is just enough room for the item with packaging so that the items won't bang around, I've sent many sealed/MOC/MIB items like that and I've never recieved a complaint yet. If the seller sent it out already and it cost close to what you paid you're most likely not getting a refund on shipping, I personally refund any amount as long as it's a dollar or more that was overcharged.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Just an update so everyone knows: he finally contacted me, and says he will return extra shipping charged after via Paypal. So that's where we are at, so its a good sign, at least. Thanks for everyone's support!

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Hooray! Problem solved I guess (unless your TFs now arrive all bashed up having been packaged in a dustbin bag. :lol 

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    its not over until the fat lady sings, and the fat lady sings when I get my refund + transformers