Question for custom paint, deluxe, cost, etc. AN opinion response would be nice!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Mar 23, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Now, this is not indirectly, or directly talking about any member here, so I want to get that out of the way. Its not that I have been over or under charged. This is just for my own education.

Secondly, I am aware of how vague the question is. Paint job quality can vary a lot due to skills and paint used. So just assume I am talking about pretty professionally paint job. No additional custom parts. Just straight up repaints.

Third, if this is on the wrong board, please move the post to creative discussion or whatever.

Now my question is, typcially for something of a deluxe size, and asking for a semi-professional paint job, what would be a reasonable cost to pay for? This helps me in the future to know how to budget when I ask customizers to repaint.

Another question, is how do I know what is "good"?

I see, from ebay custom transformers auctions, that people say they used X style paint, or used Y touch ups, etc. I have absolutely, no idea what is considered (in terms of methods), high quality. Could someone, anyone, give me a brief education on this?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    should probably ask this in radicons section. Deluxe figure and paint and other materials for custom probably run around $25-$30 total. But the bulk of the cost comes from time it takes. A more thorough job requires more time of course. The guys in radicons would have a better idea of how long it takes to repaint a deluxe figure.