Question for Canadian Members

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Apr 26, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

I am going to Michigan this weekend and then driving up to Canada going thru Toronto before I go back to Long Island, NY.

I have heard that DotM toys are out in Canada, and was planning, since my family will stop at Toronto for quite some time, if any of you know where I should look for DotM toys? Is it target? Best buy? TRU? What's up there? Let me know your recommendations! (esp if you are in Toronto!)

2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so far it seems as though Sears has put out their DOTM stuff early in Canada

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Is that the only place? I would like to gather as much information as possible, since my parents probably won't let me drive to too many of these locations. So I am looking for a high probability type of thing ^^;

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I don't have a Target anywhere, but Zellers, Toys & R Us & Wal-Mart generally keep up as best they can, while Superstore & London Drugs have product at times. It's seldom recent or decently priced when compared to the 3 that I mentioned, but it's worth looking if you're there, type of deal.

Uhh, I've never seen toys of any kind in my Sears, but keep in mind that I live in shitsville Kelowna, not a relevant city like Toronto, and when I used to live in Saskatoon, they always had a shitload. Actually, I've probably bought at least half of my G2 toys at Sears, simply because they had shit when other places didn't.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    So are you saying its best to look into Target, Zellers and TRU at Toronto? I couldn't find a sears close enough to Toronto, it seems. (was looking into google map)

And thanks so much for the responses so far, guys, this can help me plan it out much better.

6. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    toronto is balls. you can check the walmarts/zellers/TRU/sears on the outskirts of the city, but the downtown core has been barren for a long time. silver snail is ok for toys but they're a comic shop with limited stock.

for example, the sears in the eaton centre (centre of downtown) had bumblebee talking masks a week ago. that was it.

you're better off stopping in stoney creek, hamilton, burlington on your way to or from toronto. also, hit square one/sherway gardens on the edge of the city.

7. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    google maps won't always give you proper locations for TRU, walmarts or sellers for some reason in toronto. there are a few but they don't show up on a map - might be because they're inside malls. for example, dufferin mall has a walmart but it doesn't show on a google map search.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Well, all I got is my GPS and google map to count on when I go thru Canada (aside from buying an actual road map.) I believe we are going thru detroit, into canada. What is at stoney creek, hamilton and burlington? What stores should I be looking for on this? Targets, Zellers, TRU, and the like?

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    hardreturn, I just googled Stoney creek, burlington and hamilton, and see that most likely, I will be passing those area on the go. If I can only make one stop (its likely), is there any thats close to the express way? The highest chance ofcourse =)

Sorry for these elementry questions, as I really have no idea about locations in Canada ^^;

10. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

There are no Targets in Canada, at least that I know of. Zellers would be the equivalent. I'm not from Ontario, but locally, I often hit up the Walmarts, TRU's and Zellers. As others have mentioned, Sears. Follow this thread Follow this thread or even this one if you want to keep current with the latest sightings in Ontario.

11. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    this as well.

if any of the three i would say stoney creek, just because they put in a bunch of new developments and you should be able to find something off the redhill creek expressway. not to sure, i haven't been back there for 6 months.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    yeah, that's what I was planning to go on. I am going to try to take the drive part (we are switching off to drive, my parents and I), so hopefully I get near that part :p 

edit:: now, the question is, is all the sighting from Sears so far? because that's what the threads seems to indicate)

13. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, that's why I mentioned Sears. The way the boards on Cybertron.ca are going though I don't think there will be too much left... everyone kind of went nuts when they announced they had broken the street date and ran down to get them. I doubt TRU will break the street date though- the guy that took the pics of the DOTM boxes in the stock room a couple of weeks ago got fired for posting the pics so I'm thinking they are a little more strict than Sears.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    wow, poor guy =/ What a fan. To sacrifice your job to give us news... hats off.

Hm.... well, I will check anyways, I mean, how often do I get to be in Canada anyways xD

15. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I didn't think Target had expanded into Canada yet. Also, you may want to reconsider spending too much in Canada. The USD/CAD exchange rate is at it's lowest level since 2007 (ie 1 USD = .95 CAD) and then there's about 13% tax in the province of Ontario. So unless there's a serious sale going on, you're probably better off waiting until they hit state side.

16. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Toys can also be up to 1.5 times as much expensive north of the border as they are in the US, at least by what I read from people online saying, and that's not even including the sales tax.

For example, Scouts are like 11.99, Deluxes are 15.99, voyagers are like 30-40 (depending on the figure), and those larger Human Alliances are upwards of 50 dollars. I don't remember how much Leader Class stuff or those combiner guys are in my stores, but I can assume that it's more than in the US, likely because stores are still holding onto long outdated exchange rate values. In other words, I wouldn't go out of your way to buy anything unless it's on sale, and or unless you're already close to the store, type of deal. I hate being negative like this, but yeah. The die cast isn't always brighter on the other side. :( 

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Sears is the only place to find DOTM toys in Canada right now. Deluxes are $18 and Voyagers $30 plus taxes (13% in Ontario). And the exchange rate not being in your favor anymore, expect to pay even more.

18. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    13% tax in ontario