Question for anyone that's worked at Target

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Aug 17, 2009.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So I just got a job there, start pretty soon and I'm a bit curious (this is my first job actually, yay). Doing "instocks", y'know working on the sales floor, carrying around one of them fancy scanner guns.

Now, first just wondering if there is any kind of employee discount.

Also, I presume we know when stock is supposed to ship, yes?

I'm gonna be working morning shift, so presumably be there when stock gets in from the trucks.

So I'm curious, as a TF collector, am I able to use this to be able to find certain items I'm looking for? Now obviously this wouldn't be during my shift, or would be done while on break, but does this give me any kind of collecting advantage? Will I really never have to hunt again?

2. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    i like ur avatar. pyros ftw

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    When I worked there (a while ago), it was a 10% discount. As far as the collector stuff goes, I was not into Transformers at the time, but based on different postings over time in the forums, it sounds like it varies depending how "cool" the other employees are. Most of the time I see people post about picking stuff up on their breaks, but I know when I worked there, one guy was able to pick up a PS2 the day it was released without having to stand in line. You can definately get the jump on new stock, it is just a matter of how honest you, or your store feels it is. My personal belief is that if you arn't scalping all the stock, I don't have a problem with employees getting a figure before the public every now and then. It is part of the reward for dealing with asshole customers every day. As far as stock days, you will learn them very fast. I wasn't there long enough to know the computer system, but it is pretty easy to know what days stock comes in, hell, I don't work retail anymore and know most of the stock days of the retailers around me.

4. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

Yes there is a discount. Never worked there though someone i know did.

5. JakmanFirby

JakmanFirby The Jakman

News Credits:
    teehee :horse: :throw :hijacked: :deadhorse: