Customs: Question for anybody that's taken MP 'Screamer's legs apart...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Boo, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Well, yeah. I got MP Starscream the other day... annnnnd.... I LOVE HIM! He's beautiful. I've heard the horror stories, and thankfully mine is largely fine. The stripes on his shoulders need a little touching up and he has the little gap in jet mode... but I can deal with those minor complaints.

There is one problem, though. Not really a problem, just an annoyance really. His legs are loose. THe "boots" I mean. They aren't loose like the collapse or anything, just a bit shaky. Seems like they'd be pretty easy to fix, but before i take his legs apart to do so I have a question. Is there any small parts that I need to look out for? Anything that'll break easily or fall off down there?

2. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

Haven't taken the legs apart yet, but I was looking at doing it. It looks like there are plastic screw hole covers for one screw that are glued in on the top of the back of the calf. This means you will pretty much ruin the covers trying to remove them to get at the screws.

I feel you on the loose legs, feels kinda crappy I noticed that right away. It might be one of those things that takes more work than its worth though. It would be cool if you find an easy way to fix it.

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Ahhh. Didn't even notice the screw hole covers. Crap. Ah well, I'm going to see if I can afford another one to keep "pristine" before I risk screwing it up. I'm not much for the kitbashing or taking apart/putting back together thing.:p 

4. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    i dont know what part your talking about or anything but try using clear nail polish and wiggle it into the part thats loose