Question for Android Users

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by yodafett, Feb 16, 2012.

1. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I'm looking for a 3rd party app for messaging. I love the built in app, but have been experiencing missed texts, like several VZW customers. Restarting phone every morning doesn't help, and I've already limited the message log to 50 texts per contact. Another recommendation was to try at 3rd party app. So I'm open to recommendations! :) 

2. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    My wife used Handcent for a long time. She really liked it. I think she went back to stock when I rooted her phone though. But for the time she used it I never heard her complain.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Handcent and GoSMS are both pretty slick. I'm skeptical about either of them helping with dropped messages though. It's likely either a carrier issue, or the phone is running out of memory and closing the native SMS application to free up more.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've never had an issue with the built in app. Are you sure it isn't a network issue rather than a phone issue?

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

That's my first thought. However, the native app CAN be pushed out of memory if there's a lot of bloatware or user-installed garbage that tries to always run in the background. CyanogenMod et al have special settings specifically for preventing that from happening, but the stock OS from the carriers typically doesn't.

6. yodafett

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    No, it definitely IS a Verizon issue (or at least how Verizon handles Motorola's implementation of it), but allegedly (and this comes from a VZW rep, not that they're all geniuses), many users are reporting that an alternate app seems to help. Their only other idea was wiping the phone and rebuilding it. It makes no sense, I know. At this point, I'm ready to try anything.

Is a RAZR on the latest patch, un-rooted, just FYI.

It's only like 1/2 % of SMS that aren't delivered... but it's ALWAYS the important ones that I lose. :( 

7. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with my messaging app (stock), but I'm on T-Mobile, so it might be different.

8. yodafett

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I LOVE the app, especially after the 2.3.6 update, I just hate the missed texts...