Question for Alternity owners

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verboten, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Verboten

Verboten Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Hello. First of all, just out of curiousity, how many people here own any?

The main question: do all Prime/Convoy Alternities have the tendency to not line up well on top in their alternate mode? That part is just so unsightly and drives me nuts and all of the pictures I've seen on the net have all had the same problem.

Also, the assembly for the lower legs have to fold pretty tight to complete the robot mode transformation. I feel like I have to be extra carefull (which is a no-brainer, I know- but being too carefull is no fun). Doesn't it seem like it might crack or damage under the pressure after enough transformations?

I don't know if this has been addressed about the Megatron Alternity, but I read here that somebody broke one of the rear lights during transformation of the leg and I know exactly how that could have happened. I noticed that while I was trying to connect the side lower leg piece to the little notch on the lower leg, it seems to put pressure against the tailight outward. Enough pressure would likely cause it to crack and snap off.

After playing with it for a long time, I found that you can attach those two sections without putting the tailight at risk. Just gotta make sure that the two hinges below the knee are not fully extended; both slightly bent until the side piece connects to the notch with just enough clearance with the tailight. It will not tug at the tailight at all if done correctly and stay sturdy nonetheless. Like I said, I don't know if it wasn't already addressed but I hope it helps!

Another question about Megatron (sorry!): What do you guys do when you bend his elbows? 1) Do you slide the seats down a little for clearance or just let the seat platform go over the elbow hinge?