Question for all you Protector Armor owners...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by javaco, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This is what I wanted to say but couldn't find the right words. QFT.

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Totally 100% completely worth it. Retains most if not all of the articulation of the base figure and adds a whole heap of awesome in the process. Can't recommend highly enough.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

This was my first FP purchase and I completely understand where all the FP love around here comes from. He really is awesome, and kind of keeps growing on me, but I'm 32 with a pretty decent job. In my college days I don't think there was any way I'd be dropping $80 on a toy though.

If you can come up with the funds without missing out on something important, then I'd go for it, but make sure you're getting laid before you go spending that kind of money on Rodimus. Priorities, son.

4. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    Yeh. Hahahahah! I like that! Well Iv got a girlfriend who doesn't know about me buying tfs. But I never have to spend money on her so it's all good haha. It's all about whether i want to use my own money on a toy rather then buying food or w/e

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd wait. Think of the value of your money. Is it worth it to buy for $100 now when you struggling to get by on every dollar. Wait until you graduate, get a job, and if you're still interested in it then bite the bullet the and shell out whatever the going price for it is then.

6. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    It's a little insane to wait that long aha
    I won't be flat out broke. My parents put a lil bit of money in my account for food here and there. So I think I'll be fine. Andplus I don't really have too much else I'd want to do with the money now. So I'll just have too see what I wanna do when Iactually have the cash

7. Cay

Cay Growling Tiger

Uh-oh. Better tell her soon about your hobby.

8. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    Hah. She's a new gf so Iv got time. She won't find out unless I told her tho. She lives up here where I go to school and all but my alternity convoy are back home

9. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was in the same boat as you. then I saw the reviews and how all the previous fansproject stuff was VERY expensive. I decided to pull the trigger now, rather then risk paying 2-3 times as much later on down the road.

10. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Same here!! I missed out on City Commander in which I really really want but the prices are ridiculous, last one I saw was on ebay for $250+ including the UM figure as well...Look at the Bruticus upgrade kit now!! Ridiculous how much the price has doubled in the few months it was released, I'm glad I jumped the gun on getting it when it was still fresh, totally worth it though!

11. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I say buy it now if you can but only if you have the extra cash. 80 bucks to a college kid is alot of beer money.

12. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    true. buut im not much a drinker haha. and when i do drink, i get it for free :]

13. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't like the early pics of the armor and I wasn't a fan of the classics rod toy. But I got this on a whim as my first FP (I liked pics of the vehicle mode a lot...and I still had classics rodimus laying around), and I'm in love with it. This is coming from someone who didn't like classics rodimus, this set made me do a complete 180 on the figure. I absolutely love it now and it's one of my favorite toys to display in either bot or alt mode. Looks gorgeous any way you display it.

14. darkunor

darkunor Banned

He's worth every penny if you have the cash, believe me pictures and video reviews don't do this guy enough justice, you'll can only appreciate to the fullest in hand, trust me! A G1ner like myself had severe doubts about this guy but there were all bansihed once I opened the box.

All in all a great toy, a great robot, a great alt-mode but not a great rodimus prime but certainly one to get particularly if you need a classics size Rodimus Prime! Believe me the creativity put into the trailer is a spectacle to behold, you won't be dissappointed!