Customs: Question for a G2 Megs project

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Christopher-2, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

How does RID Bludgeon measuer up against Classics Optimus Prime in size? I want to make sure, so I can purchase one and create a Classics counterpart to the original G2 Megatron toy. I was hoping maybe there was a picture of the two somewhere, but it would be great if anyone can upload an image.

2. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

RID Bludgeon, G2 Heo Megatron, and Robotmasters reverse Convoy are all the same figure. Bludgeon usually goes for a bit reverse convoy might be easier to get. He's blue and already has a Megatron head.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

No time for a picture, but I just sized them up, and the G2 Hero Megs mold is a bit too small... about a head shorter than Classics Optimus (though still a bit thicker).

If you're like me, you'll want your Megatron to be AT LEAST as big as your Prime, so that doesn't quite cut it.

HOWEVER, if you were to mod the Megatron... say by building up some new feet then I'd say he would probably be a pretty good size match for Classics Prime overall. Hero Megs has no feet... just very flat, very hollow legs that have a lot of difficulty holding any real poses. I've long thought that bashing some new feet on to the bottoms of his legs would benefit the figure.

If you wanted Megatron to look REALLY intimidating, another option would be the oversized KO version of Reverse Convoy... if you can find one of those, it's actually a pretty decent quality KO figure. It's probably about a 25% enlargement... the size of a large Voyager class figure. He looks brawny next to Voyager Prime, but not too far out of scale.

zmog

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he's shorter, the mold in question is about the same height as the original G1 Optimus figure.