Customs: Question: Customing Fiberglass

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Hey all, I have a question about about covering up a logo on my fiberglass hockey helmet. I hope I can ask here, it's going to be TF related when it's finished actually ^^;. But first I need to either remove the white CCM logos from the black helmet or cover them up. I am not sure what method they use to put the logo on either. Any ideas?

2. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    if its a fiber glass helmet
    all u need is some polyaster resin
    u'll need to sand the spot abit glue the thing u want to put with polyester and then cover it with polyester and polish it

the polishing part is annoying

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Actually it's more like I am trying to remove the logos from the branded helmet. I wanted to get rid of them.

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sand them? You can use a very harsh grit at first to get the majority of the brand name off, then ones that's mostly gone, and by mostly, I mean until there's barely anything left, but once you get to a point where the heavy sanding i just about done, you could start wet sanding with finer and infer grit sand papers until you get the texture you want. its a tedious process, but it does work. It's a method used in automotive painting. Works really really well. and as long as there aren't any designs on the helmet, you cant do TO much damage.

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Do what OmegaPrime suggested,but refinish it with a coat of bondo,trust me on this.

I do alot of Fiberglassing work,here are a few pics of my last run with Fiberglassing:

This is a set of Clone Wars Obi-Wan shoulder bells,first pic of the armor after it was trimmed,and a partial sanding was done.
    [​IMG]

The next pic is after it was totally sanded and then bondoed and re-sanded.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: