Question Concerning Bio-Cards

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm referring to the little bio-cards that are included with the Japanese line of Transformer reissues and Encores.
    Since I received my Tigertrack today, I started to gather all the bio-cards that I have. Sadly, I think I tossed a few out not thinking I'd want them later on. But as I was going through the 8-10 cards I do have, I noticed a few differences.

I have the Japanese reissue of Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. I noticed that in front of their issue-number, it has a "C" in front of it. The rest of the reissues do not have that "C", not even the Encore line.

So my question is, what does that C stand for? The only thing I can think of is Collectors Edition, but aren't they all collector items? Puzzled.

Also, where can I get the rest of the bio-cards that I either tossed, or am missing? And why doesn't the American reissues have them?

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The "C" stand for the team faction.

In case you dont know, in Japan the Autobots are called "Cybertrons" while the Decepticons are called "Destrons".

So your Japanese reissues are numbered "C-0" [Cybertron-0] and "D-6" [Destron-6]

3. Tigertrack

Oh, okay. Yes I was aware of the Japanese name, I just didn't know that's what the C stood for. I should've guessed "googled" that. Thank you!

But why doesn't the American reissues have them? We have the tech-specs on the back of the box, but that's not what I'm after. I don't want to cut the box up either.

I'm wondering what happened to Megatron's bio-card.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Well for starters they weren't as you know called Cybertrons and Destrons here, as for the cards, they weren't done in the original US G1 so printing them on the box is accurate to the original.

5. Tigertrack

Where can I get the ones I'm missing? Does anybody repro them? I have 13 in my collection and missing quite a few. Plus I'd like to get ones for the American figures that I do have, just to complete the collection.

6. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Unfortunately they is no one source that I can think of who reproduces these bio-cards, although it would be a great idea if somebody or company did... I would definitely buy them.

Your best bet is to find someone who is willing to sell their cards to you.

Once in a while you''ll be able to find some in Junkion and if you need a set of bio-cards for all the Predacons and Predaking... PM me.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your welcome.

1 or 2 of the American reissue did come with the Japanese bio cards.
    Hoist and I believe Inferno.

But they were packed by accedent.

As for why other US reissues dont have bio cards...it seems to be a Japanese thing.

It didnt have one???

8. superpunch

superpunch Banned

hey i cant remember which one but the other day there was alot of them on ebay.co.uk you may find the auction still open for them.

9. Tigertrack

Thanks guys, I might PM you about the Predakings some day soon.

As far as Megatron, I can't remember as I wasn't interested in the cards when I opened him up. One of those accessories you think you'll never need/want so you toss them. Then wish you had'em.

As I have Hoist and Inferno, I'll look for theirs and see if my set has'em. Of coarse, I probably would've tossed'em out too.

It's funny the things you throw out without even thinking you'll want it later in life. Tell you the truth, I'm not even sure why I want to complete these bio-card collections, I just do! Plus, once I have'em all, what would I do with them? What would be the best way to contain them?

10. superpunch

superpunch Banned

11. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
  12. Tigertrack

Cool! I've got the perfect binder for it too! :) 

I noticed something interesting. Starscream Ghosts bio-card has an Autobot insignia on it? Shouldn't it be a Decepticon? What gives? An error?

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Just a quick note for you on the whole C and D thing.

The original run of toys, basically, the majority of the 1984 and 1985 guys, were straight out numbered on their Japanese release. No C or D. Megatron was 16, Convoy was 1, and so on.

When the line rebooted for Transformers Scramble City and 2010, the C and D distinction came in. So all the early characters that have been reissued with biocards don't have C or D, just a straight out series number. IIRC the C numbers start with the Aerialbots and the Ds with the Stunticons.

For whatever reason when this shift occurred, the numbering skipped ahead by a couple of dozen numbers. When E-Hobby started up their recolors in the 2000s, they retroactively inserted their new characters into the vacant spaces. So all the likes of Tiger Track, Deep Cover, Detritus, even the GADEP, all had simple two digit numbers, no C or D.

14. Tigertrack

But that doesn't explain why Starscream Ghost has an Autobot insignia on it. I also noticed that the back of SG's card is blank. What gives? Tigertrack's is complete. Aren't they both E-Hobby figures?

Anyway, after going through all my boxes and stuff, I have the bio-cards for the following characters:

01-Optimus Prime
    90-Tigertrack
    Encore 09-Omega Supreme
    Encore 06-Ratchet
    Encore 05- Ironhide
    09-Prowl
    44-Tracks
    45-Smokescreen
    C-77 Rodimus Prime
    C-78 Hot Rod
    E Hobby-22 Starscream Ghost
    Encore-03 Soundwave
    Encore 19-Frenzy
    Encore 19-Rumble
    Encore 19-Overkill
    Encore 19-Buzzsaw
    Encore 11-Thundercracker
    Encore 11-Skywarp

Missing all the others, need help to complete. Thank you.

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, i'd love for a 3rd party to make a collectible box set of all the figures, starting from 1984 and going through to the current lines. booster packs added after new waves have been released.

i'd collect that faster than any CCG and would make an awesome reference. i'd prefer it as much as or more than that MTMtE book set or collector's guides.

there was this e-Hobby exclusive tapestry that was close to what i want.
    [​IMG]

i'd rather a card collection, though.