Question - Best adhesive to use to adhere bubbles to cards??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BHiga6181, Jan 31, 2010.

1. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    So I just got a set of the G1 KO Single Carded Constructicons. First I have to say the quality of these overall are AMAZING!!!! Best KOs Ive ever seen.

For those interested, shoot fellow TFW2005 member Deceptigtar a PM if you too want a set. Great guy, awesome product and prices and super reliable.

I was lucky enough to get mine all shipped not attached to cards so everything stayed MINT!!!

Now I want to know what everyone here uses to adhere bubbles to cardbacks. I want something that will last, hold strong, not fog up the bubble and dry clear.

Suggestions?? Please only if you have done this for you own items as I only get 1 shot at this and DONT want to screw it up.

Please help!!

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    So you are going to open them and then close them again? That's strange. I am not sure a whole lot of people here do that kind of thing. I've never heard of it. You might have better luck searching through the Radicons section since some people there will make custom G1's styled packaging for figs. I'm sure they have some tips if you look around in there.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Way I read it the cards and the bubbles came separate from the figures, meaning everything is mint and unstuck/unsealed.

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Hot glue

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    kind of a side note it has never made that much sense to me to keep combiners sealed as your missing out the ability to combine them

6. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    They all shipped seperate, nothing has ever been glued to the cards before.

Correct

Not in a million years, that would look horrible.

I have a G1 Original Giftset that is opened and combined on display. These are soley for display and my collection.

7. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

For all my replica boxes using bubbleformers bubbles, I use superglue. It's the only thing that holds fast enough that dries clear. If they move around while you are tryin to get them to stick it will look like crap. Superglue.

8. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Wont superglue fog up a bit on the bubbles?? For boxes its ok as its on cardboard or unseen, these are bubbles on the cards so if they fog up it will show and ruin them.

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I haven't had any issues with the minibot bubbles, but my cards are made differently. The bubbles though haven't had any fogging issues but I use the superglue that doesn't adhere to skin. But again who knows if the bubble material is even the same. Off the top of my head though I can't think of any other glue that would stick fast enough other than superglue.

10. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

im sure some research on google could give you some answers. millions of companies use carded packaging for their products, the type of glue they use should be wildly available

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The above. Or get an old backing card and bubble from something and test a few glues for what works best.
    I wonder how good clear double-sided tape might be?