Question about Wheeljack

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by seeker311, May 25, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Whats up with the Armada Wheeljack? He has a autobot logo on his chest that is torn and is a Decepticon. Does this mean that his spark was transferred over? And, is Downshift from Energon/Cybertron an incarnation of him or no relation?

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

It's been a long, long time since I watched Armada, but I believe he was best friends with Hot Shot. He got trapped in a battle and Hot Shot went to get help, but Megatron told Wheeljack that Hot Shot had abandoned him. Wheeljack believed Megatron and joined the Decepticons to get revenge on Hot Shot. Hence the crossed out Autobot logo.

I didn't watch Armada all the way to the end, but I think I remember hearing that he made up with Hot Shot and rejoined the Autobots. Downshift from Energon is not the same character though, in spite of his resemblence to G1 Wheeljack.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Energon and Cybertron Downshifts have G1 Wheeljack's head, but are in no way related to Armada Wheeljack (who looks more like G1 Sideswipe).

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also note Energon Downshift was called Wheeljack in Superlink. Still no relation to the Armada Wheeljack.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Armada Wheeljack was trapped in a fire during a battle. Hotshot ran for help and his fellow soldiers wouldn't let him back into the fire to go back for him. Megatron rescued him, thus the faction switch.

Wheeljack and Hot Shot reconciled their differences and allied during the battle to defend Cybertron against Unicron.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    * That was an almost funny scene, one of the Bots looked alot like G1 Wheelie.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, hell of a place for a G1 cameo. Hot Shot, just kick him like a dog!

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The scratch actually came in before the faction change. Originally, Hot Shot served under a commanding officer who looked an awful lot like Brave Maximus / Grand Maximus / Fortress Maximus, he was assigned to a new recruit with the idea they could learn from each other. During a particularly bad battle Wheeljack was wounded and trapped in rubble, as explained by everyone else he was rescued by Megatron and felt a debt of loyalty toward him so served him.

While Hot Shot and Wheeljack reconciled toward the end of Armada there is no implication that Wheeljack ever went back to the Autobot side. I think he would have remained with the Decepticons out of the same loyalty to Megatron that made him join them in the first place, although with Cybertron at peace there would have been no real distinction. I see him as being someone on the other side striving for a resolution to the old grudges. How he would have reacted when Megatron came back onto the scene is beyond me.

In Japan, Wheeljack was named Rampage, I am uncertain if this was his name the whole time or a name he took upon becoming a Decepticon. Doesn't sound a very "Autobot" name but then there is no implication in the dub that any name change took place.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wheeljack Thought,Hot Shot abonded him as everyone said,He became a Decepticon and scarcthed it out,But Sideways/Double Face changed his automatically.

To me Wheeljack and Hot Shot became friends again after a meeting with Galvatron and Thrust reviled he was working with Sideways.I like to know what Happened to him in Energon?