Question about Votoms figures..

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by VictoryLeo19, Mar 15, 2009.

1. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

where is a good site to pick up some of the figures? or are they specificaly only made as model kits? I was wondering too if i need to paint them, im terrible at that :(  thanks guys! also, anyone know a website i can get dubbed or subbed episodes of Votoms from? thanks!

2. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

hmmm well, HLJ.com is a good source to pick them up. And no they're not only limited to plastic kits. If you're lucky enough you might be able to find some old Max Factory figs. they're very very nice. I've got a Bloodsucker figure myself from Max Factory, and except for the occasional popping off of the skirt, it is a very very well done figure.

check these out:
    1/35 Limited Edition Scopedog Red Shoulder Custom Action Figure

Sunrise Mecha Action Scopedog Borque Custom

the second one is smaller than the first one tho. and the prices are in yen, so you will have to consider the exchange rate. But the website is very very reliable and they response very well to their customers.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a wide range of Votom toys. Here's some:

i) TakaraTomy. Some diecast parts around 10-12 inches tall. Well made but can be fragile?

ii) Yamato. Bigger than TakaraTomy but all plastic and extremely durable. The cockpit big enough to fit the smaller size Marvel Legend figures!

iii) Maxfactory - all PVC figures around 5 inches tall. Very posable.

iv) Bandai - Chogokin and model kits. I'll focus on the model kits. The new kits don't need paimting. All you need is a cutter and sandpaper and you're all set to go. The kits are around 7-9 inches tall.

I had to reformat my cpu if not I would post pictures for ii - iv) I'm sure the resident Votom fans SydneyY will post some pics or links! :) 

4. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

IMO the 2 best are the Takara 1/18 and the Bandai 1/20 model kits. Both of which you can find on sale at HLJ.com. The Yamato 1/12's are overpriced and don't come with figure (you have to buy them seperatly).