Question about Voltron vintage toys.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by tfike110, Aug 7, 2011.

1. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    Any expert info on these 2 Voltron vintage toys will be very helpful.

Currently I have 2 Voltrons available on sale on ebay, however last night I got a comment from someone on ebay saying that my listing is priced too high.

I did some research on these prior to listing and determined that $80 was a fair starting price to list these 2 Voltrons together.

See the listing here

So my question is, is my listing price fair? If not, what price do you recommend I list these items for?

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a Voltron expert, but there seem to be a lot of Voltrons on Ebay and yours are pretty beat up and incomplete which is why you probably are not getting any bites.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Vintage on the Left (Blue Face) right is 97 Plastic Trendmasters

4. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    Yeah I clearly state this in my auction....my Q is is my starting price fair.

5. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Not Much sadly, they are missing entirely too many parts, and the plastic is not worth much to begin with. $80 is entirely too high for what you have and in that condition

6. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    ok sounds good. i know nothing about voltron. i got each of these in TF lots in won on ebay over the past year. what listing price would you recommend?

7. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I believe it's too high. The vintage figure is missing the accessories & with the missing/broken pieces, while (unfortunately), the other figure is not complete (and is from the Voltron: The Third Dimension series -not nearly as sought after as the original or Die-Cast '97 reissue). -They're the two Voltron figures I actually own, and *GREATLY* prefer the Die-Cast figure!

Even after a person gets your figures, they'll have to find the missing pieces/accessories (and a vintage Blazing Sword can go for a few bucks on its own)!

Sadly, I cannot help you set a price tag on them... Though I wish you the best of luck...

8. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Hard to say as they are honestly a junk lot in that case. The Plastic one is really worth nothing, except for the head on the black lion as it's often used to replace the head on the 97 Die-Cast one as that head has problems.

If you could get heads and replace the wings on the Vintage one you could get $35+ for it. Maybe more depending on the paint wear. More if you can get the Sword and other weapons.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  9. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    thanks for the help. I didnt realize that the 1998 voltron set was worthless.

10. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Yeah, the 97 Metal one brings good money when complete, but the Plastic one was way overproduced and pegwarmed.

11. jthitman

jthitman Well-Known Member

Hi,

In my research of collecting voltron toys, the diecast one you have is valuable in decent condition. However, you are missing the lion heads, the red wings, and black lions tail, not to mention the weapons. The trendmasters one seems like a bonus but at the price you're starting it is only worth it to someone who has the parts to scrap together a whole volton. If that's the case I would start the bidding at 30-35 dollars, or try to get the parts to complete the diecast voltron and then start the bidding at your original price. There are a lot of voltrons on e-bay, but few of them are godaikin originals. They are either lionbot knock-offs, matchbox versions, or the trendmaster 1997 version. That's my two cents.

12. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the 97 metal voltron. Its the same mold as the 80s version with the same diecast metal. Also the many weapons that came with it. :)  Now I new the new updated figures.

13. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    Yeah I believe I over stated the price b/c I thought that a Y&K godaikin original Voltron would carry more weight than it actually does. I saw other unbroken godaikin original Voltrons end on ebay for $200+. Again, I'm no nothing about Voltron's so thanks for everyone's help.