Question About Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lordtigerhawk, Mar 25, 2012.

1. lordtigerhawk

lordtigerhawk Well-Known Member

I know I am going to take heat for this, but there is a logic to my question. I am going to be starting a Transformers RPG with a bunch of friends. I am going to be having them use deluxe class transformers to represent their characters. Now my friends are cheap and some of them will pay the 12.00 dollars for a deluxe class character. But I am looking to help them out as well. With KO toys gone who is the next best sellier to get ko transformers from? I am sure that the more creative bunch of painters and players will want to custom their character. Can some one Point me in the right direction. Thanks
    Lordtigerhawk ;) :stick: :horse: :thumbs2: 

Or if some one knows who the KO guys are. I am sure they did not just dump all of their mechandise like that over night.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    KOtoys wasn't really cheaper than buying a regular deluxe from a regular store

3. lordtigerhawk

Yes but from what I have seen they do have one advantage. Animated Arcee they have like 4 different colors of her. More repaints I should say. ......:eek: 

4. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

lol I run a TF RP and My players just used hotwheels. That way they could get the right alt mode and colors they wanted and they were decently priced and easy to find. Maybe go that route? Plus they take up less space on a table when you're setting up where characters are and such.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Legends class TFs would work far better for a tabletop game, if that's what you're running.

6. lordtigerhawk

Legend class would be great If my local stores carried a bigger celection. ;) 

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Cyberverse and Legions would definitely be your friend. Cheaper, lots of varaints, quicker transformations, less space on the table taken up, fit in better with the scales of some other miniature lines, etc.

Or Microns/Minicons/Micromasters.

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bingo. Lots of choices in the smaller size. Plus you can get other figures cheap to play the npcs and such.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh, or Botshots, if you'd prefer. They're about the same size, and tons of fun.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good luck man. I've had the same idea of playing using deluxes. Problem is I'm the only person who is interested in a Transformers game.

If you need set pieces you can get papercraft stuff from the following sites:
    RPGNow.com - The leading source for indie RPGs
    WorldWorksGames::Home
    FRP GAMES - Your Hobby Gaming Source

For an example of how it could look check out the link for Burnout in my sig. Granted the buildings in there were free years ago and I have since kitbashed a lot of those. And no, I don't even know where I got the free ones from any more. It was probably one of the above though.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That was my first thought but then I suppose it would depend if there was a Legends version of the particular character they wanted to use.
    How about Robot Heroes? Small, variety and you could probably find some really cheap in bargain bins or flea markets. Or does the figure need to transform to denote mode status within the game?

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    micromasters as well can be had rather cheaply