Question about Transformers-GI.Joe continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Delta, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Delta

Delta Well-Known Member

So there was the first Transformers-GI.Joe crossover in the Marvel series. That's the G1 Transformers hooking up with the GI.Joes simple enough I get it.
    Then You have the G2 Transformers making there first aperance in the same GI.Joe continuity that the original G1 Transformers appeared in. Dose that not make the G1 and G2 transformers exist in the same universe? They have both made appearances in the same comic.

I recently read that the G2 transformers comics were to have been a continuation of the G1 cartoon series. Is there any truth to this?

I have also heard it said that GI.joe dose not exist in the Marvel Universe, but since Spider Man made an appearance in the G1 Transformers series, that makes the Transformers exisist in the Marvel universe. Therefore GI.Joe DOSE exist in the Marvel universe since the Transformers, GI.Joe, and Spiderman have all been linked together.

I hope some of that makes sense, Thanks Dan

2. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

The Generation 2 Comics follow the Original Marvel Comics. The GIJOE Staring Snake Eyes and Transformers Generation 2 Issues take place very shortly after the end of Transformers #80.. The actual Generation 2 Issue 2 finishes up the GIJOE/Transformer storyline.. And then GIJOE never mentions it again.

And I think the better way of looking at it is, Spiderman Exists in the Transformers universe. But since the only super heros shown are Nick Fury and Spiderman.. Its easier to just say thats all there is.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like to think that after the GIJoe introduction of G2, G2 begins its own continuity. Pretty much the G2 comics had Earth bombed to hell. GIJoe makes no mention of this happening so it didn't happen in their continuity.

Pretty much it was bad planning on G2s part to start off in GIJoe and then do stuff that wasn't carried over.

I ignore G2 comics and think of it as some sort of What If. comic. The writer just got kill crazy and it seemed someone had a bet of how many characters they could kill off.

4. Delta

Delta Well-Known Member

Well that clears some things up..Thanks ginrai

Haha!! Thats what I liked about them!! Personaly G2 is My favorite TF comic ever.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think of all comics as "What If" stories. I have never had a continuity problem, no matter what I read.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Best GIJoe/TF crossover was the UK story, Ancient Relics.

7. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel's stance is that Marvel Transformers book place in an alternate (non 616) universe that had "a" Spiderman, not "the" Spiderman.

8. Delta

Delta Well-Known Member

Can You get it on TPB in the US?

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't think so, its not been reprinted in Titans UK reprint series. I think the only way to read it is through questionable means.