question about transfomers 1986 OST CD volume

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sunstreakerx5, Sep 26, 2011.

1. sunstreakerx5

sunstreakerx5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gonna go on car trip soon and was looking at my CD auto changer. Believe it or not, transformers the movie 1986 OST has got to take slot number 1 :D 
    I was planning on buying a the re-release 20th anniversary OST with the few additional tracks from amazon:
    Amazon.com: Transformers the Movie (Exp): Various Artists: Music

however, does anyone know if the volume has been re-adusted to be higher then the first release CD? I seem to be the only person notice that I have to put the volume much higher then my newer CDs. is it because the way it was recorded back then? the bass also seems lower. trust me, its not the CD head unit settings as its pumping full whack from my 1000 watt sub that even Jazz himself would be proud :cool: 

I am gonna sound odd but, I wanna keep my original release CD mint. I do play the CD but not in the car. I seen on rare occuations the auto changer scratch some cds and I dont wont that to happen on my first release cd :eek:  hence, the reason to get the newer release.

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Most older CDs are "low volume" like that. Usually the cut-off point is 1993 and older for the most part from what I can tell.

3. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I have the 20th annivesary one. It's remastered with no sound issues.

4. sunstreakerx5

sunstreakerx5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys :thumb  Glad I wasnt the only person that notice the volume dip. I just placed an order for the OST. Might not be on time before I depart but, you never know ;)