Question about ToysRUs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WheelWave140, Aug 20, 2012.

1. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Hey, everybody! Went to toysrus today, nothing but 3 solid pegs of bees. I ask a guy if theres any cases in the back, he checks but nothing. Anyway, he told me the best time to come is around 10 on saturday morning, is that true?

2. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    I guess. It varies store for store, because Friday mornings is when mine usually brings out stock.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Given all the Bumblebee figures, it could be possible that TRU didn't order new TF figures. So even if you would go to it, nothing could change. I know some stores just quit ordering Transformer figures because they can't get rid of the current ones they have.

4. PrimusPrankster

PrimusPrankster Member

mine usually receive TF shipments on Thursday mornings. So i guess it could vary by store.

5. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Call them Friday afternoon. From the information I have received most TRU's shipments are received Friday morning (it used to be Tuesday) so by Friday afternoon they should know what they have gotten and a simple phone call is a lot cheaper than a drive to find out if they have anything you're looking for

6. Zaibach

Zaibach Autobot

News Credits:
    The Toys R Us where I am gets their trucks on Wed and stocks it that night. So Thursday is the best day for me to go there. I'm sure it varies on a store to store basis depending on how far away they are from a DC.

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    It depends on a store to store basis. Trucks don't have national standardized times in which they arrive to the store, and stores don't always order more product. I hate to break it to you but if they're stocked to the gills with Bumblebees, then they're probably not ordering any more cases until the Bees sell. Retail stores don't actually care what's on the pegs as long as the product is on the pegs.

They don't go, "Oh we only have Bumblebee, so let's order more cases."

They go, "Oh, it looks like our pegs are still stocked, so we won't order any more."

You can feel free to hit up their "Truck Day" but you probably won't get anything new until those BBs clear off the pegs.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    So in other words, you're asking how many accidental chokings would it take to get Bumblebee off the market?

9. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Wow, uh thanks guys, guess I'll call in friday night.

10. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    Depends on when they receive their truck. The store I work at (Babies R Us) gets their truck every Thursday morning.

However, truck mornings are also a nightmare, so that might not be the best time to ask. The day after might be better, since they'll have a better idea of where the product is (i.e. by then it's usually scanned into a stock bay in the stock room).