question about TJ Maxx and Marshall.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by xion14, Mar 2, 2011.

1. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only found out about how they get older TFs and how cheap they can be there. so I'm wondering when have they usaully restocked the next wave of them after the old ones like ROTF have just been clearanced out?

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's really random. They basically buy out a fixed quantity of stuff from Walmart, Target, etc. It's primarily stuff that's been discontinued and the stores just want to get rid of them. So your mileage really will vary.

In general stores like TJmaxx/Marshals like to really stock up their toy section before Christmas. Afterwards they typically clearance out all the extra stuff and go back to maintaining a small toy/book section with random bits from various toys lines that have been canceled. I wouldn't expect to see a big restock on TF stuff anytime soon.

3. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I just found out about it a couple weeks ago, too, so I went around to a couple of TJ Maxxes to try to find the Walmart Masterpiece Skywarp but had no luck.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    They have older TF's, yes. Animated voyagers are only 12.00. Not sure about deluxes. But my TJMaxx is sold out after Christmas.

5. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

The price depends on your location. My local store had voyagers for 5.00

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

TJMaxx and Marshalls buy their stock from other stores. So if your Walmart and Target either sell all their toy stock or it's all stuff you don't want, well then you know what you're going to find at TJMaxx and Marhsalls- nothing or figures you passed up on for months.

They're cheaper, but they're hardly a reliable source for buying toys.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As Kusanagi said... hardly reliable.

You can find a gem there every once in a while, however!

8. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found two Masterpiece Skywarp's at my local TJ Maxx and took one. Went back few days ago and the other one is still there! $29.99 not bad!

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    tjmaxx in pittsburgh has ha for 14.99 so i got skids. they have great deals.

10. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Yeah. The best time to look there is during the holidays. After that, their toy section seriously shrinks down. So if yours didn't have masterpeice skywarp...they probably won't get it anytime soon. Last x-mas those stores were a treasure trove for me though. I missed alot of animated when it was on shelves, so I got most of the voyagers I was missing from those two stores. Prices ranging from $7-$12. Most of the ones by me still have atomic lugnut and wreck-gar animated for 7 bucks. Then some early ROTF deluxes-arcee, sideways, breakaway, jolt, stalker scorponok. That;s about it for tfs I have seen there right now. During x-mas season, I kept going there hoping to find HA mudflap-no luck though, but they did have tons of barricades.

11. Sideways77

News Credits:

Seriously? Lucky. What line are they in?

I wish I could find an Animated Wreck-gar for that much.

12. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Might want to keep checking back, several TJ Maxx in my area had Animated voyagers for 5-12 bucks, and they had a lot of them over the holidays and just after. I'm sure there are still some here and there. If your stores are still higher $ with a lot of TF on the shelf, they will usually keep marking them down.

As much as I wanted to like him, I couldn't pull the trigger on a 5$ Wreckgar. Just didn't think it was worth it :2c: 

13. Sideways77

News Credits:
    Mine's wiped out. All that's there is remote control Bumblbee and Barricades.

14. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Keep in mind that Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's are owned by the same parent company and that the same goods that shop up at one might at others.

GI Joe collectors have found things at Ross in particular that never went to Target, WM, etc. I don't know if that they have ever "released" TFs.

15. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I remember finding out a couple of years ago these places carried TF's during the Christmas Shopping season. I am still kicking myself in the ass for missing out on the SE's for 10 bucks that they had.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I got a Wreck-Gar for $5 just so I could paint parts of it black and put a MotorMaster head on it.

I too missed out on the $10 special editions and HA Mudflaps. A couple of years ago, a store called Tuesday Morning had a bunch of Transformers stuff. Back during Cybertron, they had a ton of Energon stuff and leftover TRU Reissues. Didn't see much this past year though.

17. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I actually found the blue Real Gear binoculars at Ross once. I don't think they were released anywhere else in US retail.

18. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

im pretty sure Ross is NOT owned by the same company that Marshall's and TJ Max are.

and ROSS gets different stuff the others dont.

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    The only TJMaxxs I've been in treat the toy section like a daycare. Crap is everywhere, torn out of boxes, etc. It's not even worth checking for me.

20. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here I found dozens of things I've wanted there and cheap. They never seem to have gotten Animated Deluxes. They just got rid of everything they both had besides one Deluxe Mudflap.