Question about the Wii version

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by springerbee, Jun 2, 2010.

1. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Has any footage/stills been released for the Wii version? I wanna know if they'll change the graphics/gameplay from the XBOX/PS3/PC versions cause from what I've seen, the Wii version of the ROTF game was completely different from the XBOX/PS3 versions.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nothing, that I know of, released yet, but it's not the same games as the 360/PS3/PC version. It's a completely different game.

3. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

I hope the PC version is the same as the XBOX/PS3 versions.

4. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

It is.

As for the Wii version, I'm shocked that we've yet to see ANYTHING regarding it. It's suppose to come out on the 22nd as well right? If anyone should complain about the marketing for the new games they should complain about the Wii version. Half the time I forget the damn thing is even being made.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Since they havent released even a single screenshot of it, I assume there's a damn good reason. It's probably something so bad that they're counting on blind purchases for it to sell.

6. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or discontinued

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's pretty much a fact of life that when any game comes out for all three systems, the Wii version will suck major balls.

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

It will be a side scroller ...... :) 

9. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    remember the indiana jones game? it sucked so bad, only the wii version ever was released. maybe this game didn't get that lucky

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I really hope that isn't the case...

11. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't count on it. I bought a 360 just because I'm counting on the Wii version being a pile of crap.

12. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I just did some homework on the matter, Cybertron Adventures is being developed by Next Level Games, which worries me because I've researched the company, and it's only developed 8 games so far, Cybertron adventures will be the 9th.

It worries me that the company's not developed many games, but I've actually played some of Next Level Games' games, and they're pretty fun.

But yeah, chances are the Wii game isn't going to be anywhere near as fun as the Xbox 360 and PS3 games. :( 

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey I'll buy that if it's a good sidescroller. Of course my wife will probably wonder why I have multiple versions lol.

14. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think a lack of produced games should immediately be a bad sign. After all, the first game made by Retro Studios was Metroid Prime.

I'd also like to point out that the Wii versions of games don't always suck. After all, even though I haven't played it yet, I've heard that the Wii version of Ghostbusters is a lot of fun.

Why yes, I am an optimist when it comes to the Wii :D . Let's just say that, when I begin to doubt the Wii's ability to have great third party games, I take a glance at Monster Hunter Tri or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to dispel those feelings.

15. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

Proabably rushed. I can't believe Arc Rise Fantasia got delayed.

16. AutobotSkids

I admire you for your optimism when it comes to the Wii SAF7, but you have to remember, this is Next Level Games with Transformers, not Retro Studios with Metroid.

Maybe the game WILL be good. I really hope it is. But honestly, I think the fact that the game hasn't sad any trailers released for it yet, and the fact that they renamed it from War for Cybertron to *gulp* Cybertron Adventures means something.

Not only that, but do you remember Revenge of the Fallen? How the Amazing version with online multiplayer was developed by one company for the 360, PS3 and PC, while the piece of crap version where you can't even transform was developed by another company for the Wii and PS2? Cause THAT still worries me.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Remember how the Wii version of ROTF was? Consider WFC on that level, and you've got Cybertron Adventures.

Of course, I haven't seen anything to support this, but ROTF on Wii left a bad taste in my mouth.

18. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When it's the only console you have, you have to have a bit of optimism :lol , and the bolded part was kind of my point. Retro Studios had absolutely no experience with games in general, and they were able to not only do justice to one of Nintendo's biggest titles, but in the eyes of some actually improve upon it. I also noticed that Next Level did the Punch Out!! game for Wii which, given the praise that game received, tells me that they are possibly capable of doing the same for Transformers games.

Granted I also have my doubts, given the lack of info, but...well, optimism has me seeing a game that could be great.

19. AutobotSkids

Yeah, the Wii's all I have too. I have a DS, so I might just pick up Autobots and Decepticons.

I suppose you're right about the developers thing, it sounds like their games are well recieved by critics.

Well, I'm not gonna rain on your parade of hope any longer than I already have, but I sure hope NLG IS capable of making a good Transformers game. I'm probably gonna wait for the review before I blow 50 bucks on it though...

20. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    just because the company only made 9 games doesn't mean the people involved only made that many. i'm sure some of them have more experience and are quite talented. i could be just kidding myself