Question About The Wii Version

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by iwasherenotyou, May 18, 2010.

1. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Will it have completely new levels different from the other versions or just have a few different levels and everything else the same as the other versions?

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I'm not sure if that is known yet, but let me ask, is the Wii your only system?

3. iwasherenotyou

News Credits:
    Yeah but I'm thinking about getting a PS3 soon. :( 

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get a PS3. I own a Wii and PS3 and hardly play the Wii.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Well, here is what I do know. The website claims there are "Wii exclusive levels" in the game, which is a strong indication that it has other levels that are not exclusive to the Wii, IE, the levels on 360 and PS3. So indications are good that the levels are similar. On the other hand, developers made a real unplayable mess of the ROTF Wii game, and the 360/PS3 version was at least playable.

I'll tell you a personal story. I hadn't read up on the Wii version of the ROTF game when I excitedly bought it, tore into the packaging, and popped it into my console. Wii was, at the time, my only system. It took me five minutes of playing that to decide that with the couple of hundred bucks I had in savings, it was time to buy a 360. I still have my Wii, but for any serious game (as in not Wii resort or Mario Bros) I buy it on 360. It's cheaper than a PS3 and arguably has equal or better games.

6. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What i want to know is what transformers will be in the wii version. Will it be the same as the ps3/360 version?

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wii will probably have different characters. They did in ROTF. The DS has 15 characters in both version with 11 exclusive characters. I have a feeling the DS versions will have the better rosters. Grimlock is in the Autobot DS version.

And the PS3 and 360 are both good systems with good games. Though the 360 tend to have the Red Ring of Death and online play isn't free. But both systems are good otherwise.

8. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    true story, my brothers ps3 blew up twice now. brother number 2's xbox 360 never broke, but the sold his 360 for a ps3 for $240. i guess the only way this makes sense is if i said we never use the 360. cant wait to see you ps3 players online

9. sunbreaker

sunbreaker Well-Known Member

i also had the wii disappointment with the force unleashed game, I thought the controls made up for the graphics.

The main problem with the wii though is the simplified level designs compared to the ps3/xbox versions. I've also given up on the wii because this.

10. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, the wii isnt a complete loss, it has mario galaxy2 and metriod

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most likely the answer to this is yes. High Moon Studios has nothing to do with the DS and Wii versions of the games, which have undergone a name change. This name change could be a blessing in disguise. What if the finished Nintedo products differed greatly from the identical PC/PS3/XBOX 360 versions?

The interview that went up towards the end of last month with the DS director talking about their version of the game said something about them offering a completely different game following the story points of High Moon Studios. Whatever changes they made allowed them to put whatever characters they wanted. And due to the space limitations of their medium, they had enough story to make two games, which is why there’s an Autobot and Decepticon version.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wii version will be a totally different game from what you've seen from the PS3 and 360 previews. It also has a different name: "Cybertron Adventures."

13. iwasherenotyou

News Credits:
    Yeah I know that part.