Question about the voice of Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe83, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Sideswipe83

Sideswipe83 Well-Known Member

This is for the people who have seen the movie already, as I have not been able to find it anywhere in the review threads. Once Megatron starts to speak in English, how is it? Does Hugo Weaving pull it off as Megatron, since I have heard Frank Welker's Megatron for the video game and thought he still had it and was wondering how he differeed from Hugo Weaving?

2. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    I thought Hugo Weaving did quite a decent job as Megatron. As I've said in my review, if you didnt know beforehand that it was Weaving doing the voice, you'd have no idea it was him.

It was quite intimidating. I got shivers when he said his line to Starscream.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

What did he say to Star Scream?

4. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Try to imagine a deeper sounding and more menacing David Kaye Beast Wars Megatron. That's how I would describe Weaving's Megatron

He said to Starscream something along the lines of "You have failed me yet again Starscream" in English and not in Cybertronian like the original leaked script.

5. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Kickass to both of those. Beast Wars Megatron had the best voice out of all of them. I can't wait.

6. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    "You fail me again, Starscream"... hoo boy... Screamer kept well away from him after that.

7. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrmm, I think the comment about a deeper David Kaye is actually quite accurate, it's a blend of that, with Lenord Nimoys Galvatron, it suited Megatron well, though he didn't talk a hell of a lot, his voice was DEFINATELY imposing, and spoke with distaste when it came to the humans.

8. raptorclans

raptorclans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I certainly liked when he shoved a guy aside with his finger... "Ugh... Disgusting!"

9. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Bwahaha! Yes! That one cracked me up. Like he couldnt believe he was surrounded by all these insects

10. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I to heard Welker in the game, and it just felt right to me. Prime and Megs seemed like old enemies who had been at was for years. At that point I to started to wonder about Weaving's Megatron. So for those that have saw it:

Did he and Prime play well off each other? Did they sound like they were familiar at all? Was their the banter that usually goes with a prime Megatron battle?

11. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I have one quote from the movie that should allay any fears you might have.

"One shall stand, One shall fall"

12. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a decent amount of Prime / Megs banter. The main problem is that their battle is broken up with other scenes over the space of 5 - 10 minutes. Megatron never actually speaks in Cybertronian in the film - he's all English.

13. convoyrider

convoyrider who said, you said

Megs voice is the least of the problems

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    How does cybertronian sound anyways?

Sorry to go off topic, was just kinda wondering and figured it didn't much need a topic of its own.

15. raptorclans

raptorclans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mechanical sounding... hmm... like us speaking but with a metallic growl and some hard-to-pronounce stuff

16. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:

what does that mean

I thought Frank did an amazing job in the game

17. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Any explanation as to HOW Starscream failed Megatron? That confuses me. Was Starscream supposed to already have the allspark when he rescued Megs? Did he fail Megs by not rescuing him sooner? If so, some gratitude... no wonder Screamer didn't stick around long during the main fight...

Anyone who has read all the prequel stories know what Megs is blathering about?

Also, does Hugo Weaving use the semi-scottish accent that Kaye used as Megs?

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i only recognized hugos voice during that speech atop the building to sam where his enunciation became apparent. which is actually a good thing. i want to hear the voice and go 'hey thats megtaron', and not 'hey its agent smith'. good voice processing there.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    exactly! thats whats really bugging me abt the ending. the sense of continuity. it was a bit hard to tell when this guys scene starts and where that guy scenes end. the editing basically took me out of it.

i think armageddon did it better with the multi-scene edits.

20. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

I had no problems with having multiple scenes going in and out. Megatron sounded how I would have liked him to be. He is not so much an old war veteran. He immediately walks in and makes sure everyone knows he is boss. The connection to a deeper beast wars Megatron does quite sum it up.