Question about the Transformers Universe Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thyvipera, Jul 26, 2007.

1. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

So I went into a Family Dollar today and I saw some Transformer stuff. First I saw:

Spychangers $2 each

Optimus Prime
    Prowl
    Jazz
    Trailbreaker
    Mirage

and Universe toys (i assume are parts of the energon series?) $5 each

Arcee
    Perceptor
    DoomLock
    Windrazor
    Strong Arm
    Insecticon
    and a couple more

I was just wondering if these were worth buying. I've only collected G1 toys, so any advice??

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Energon figures are pretty solid, I'd say they're worth picking up, Strongarm is probably your best bet since you're a G1 collector. The Spychangers are pretty basic though, I only own Optimus but it's a cool little version of him.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Spychangers are neat, a little like the original Minibots in concept. Optimus and Trilbreaker have more inventive transformations than the other three, though they're all quite fun.

The others you mention are from the Energon Scout assortment. Overall, they're all great figures - very poseable, the accessories on some can be combined and swapped in various ways, for example Doomlock has a pistol and a blade that form a larger sword. Insecticon has a lance and a gatling gun that form a drill.

Of those you list, Strong Arm is worth getting, he is a fun little robot. Windrazor is nice too, he's one of the Energon Aerialbots - great vehicle and robot mode, though don't count on the combined mode being anything special if you track down the whole set.

Perceptor is special as he's a Minicon team, the three Minicons aren't very poseable but they do make a larger robot when combined. If you liked Micromasters you'll probably like him.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have quite a few of the spychangers and I'd say they are worth it. I know they are simple in transformation, but the outcome is a nice alt mode and a decent bot mode. I find these much more appealing then the newer minicons that lack a good bot mode but have a more complex transformation.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    You sure that was the name? Trailbreaker? Not Hoist? Hasbro haven't been able to use the name "Trailbreaker" in a long time.

6. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

thanks for the input everyone. i picked up the optimus prime spychanger, mainly b/c it's prime and they only had one of him. but i might snag a few others.

7. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

yea, it's hoist. just got back from the store. i couldnt remember which one it was.