Question about the Starscream clones..

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by IceMagnus, Jul 2, 2012.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You spelled "contrived" wrong.

Afterall, introducing the concept of clones, creating said clones themselves, having them go through the whole betrayal thing and have them all killed off in one episode just so you can fix a stupid mistake from before isn't clever. It's a waste of time.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

And I've forgotten what the point of him losing his T-Cog was in the first pla- oh wait it was so MECH could get the T-Cog for their built up invention that only lasted one episode anyway. Makes sense.

3. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ you two are so repetitive when it comes to discussing this show it's not even remotely interesting anymore.

o- you mean that built up construct that fell on Silas and almost killed him but now he's going to be implanted into Breakdown somehow. Sounds like the writers have more than just that ONE episode in mind.....

and Split Lip -

con·trive (kn-trv)
    v. con·trived, con·triv·ing, con·trives
    v.tr.
    1. To plan with cleverness or ingenuity; devise: contrive ways to amuse the children.
    2. To invent or fabricate, especially by improvisation: contrived a swing from hanging vines.
    3. To plan with evil intent; scheme: contrived a plot to seize power.
    4. To bring about, as by scheming; manage: somehow contrived to get past the guards unnoticed.
    v.intr.
    To form plans or schemes.

i think it's safe to say that every tv show (or book, or comic, or painting) is contrived on some level, since they have to script, cast, produce, and shoot the show....

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'm pretty sure being funny wasn't our primary goal, so I'm honored by your compliment that my opinion was once funny. Thanks bro!

5. WoundSave

News Credits:
    i said interesting, not funny. fail troll is fail.

Im all for discussion, i find it interesting to hear other people's 'well-thought out" opinions, but constantly hammering the "blah, bad writing, TFP is such a disappointment" note got old a long time ago. Also- it would be nice, IMO, to see you guys express your opinions as opinions, not statements of fact. (there's a difference between "this thing over here is bad and full of suck, they should have done this instead" and "i dont like this thing over here, i wish they had done this instead...")

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

You said funny, but then you edited your post.

Either way, I don't care if you don't find it interesting. I really don't get why my honest, negative opinion is "repetitive" when the even more constant praise is very much welcome.

Oh yeah, 'cuz critism is lame.

7. WoundSave

News Credits:
    personally, i find the criticism MUCH MORE common than the praise.

Furthermore, i often find some of the points of contention very poorly thought out. Like, for example- WHY HASNT BULKHEAD SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BREAKDOWN"S DEATH YET ____ BAD WRITING AMIRITE??? it's been said many times, by many people, but if you pay attention to the events in the show- BUlkhead has not yet found out about breakdown's death, so why would he react to it? It's actually good writing in that respect, cause they characters only deal with the things they actually know, but it is, IMO, frequently been voiced as a complaint against the show.

stuff like this too -
    that's not a fact, that's an opinion. I find the self-assured, somewhat pompous wording of statements like this to be repetitive, and, for me, really have hindered the quality of discussion in this forum (you and split lip have made many such hamfisted remarks in regard to this show) (i understand as well- that you feel the same way about the white knights of the show, or whatever, but frankly, IMO you 2 are just as guilty of being overly critical of a children's show as they are of making excuses for cartoon physics, or Miko, or whatever....)

Im not saying you have to like everything about the show, but there are more mature ways to express your opinions that will encourage discussion rather than smother it.

I wish the Prime forum was more like the Comics forum - there, we discuss ideas, characterization, plot arcs etc etc and 99.9% it is very mature and enjoyable.

edit- as well- most of the praise i see is like- "Dude, that was a good episode, i enjoyed it." pretty tame, not like OMGWTFBBQ THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES IS STUPID

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

But the critism is at least more thought out than WOW! OMG! AWSUM!

I'm sorry, but no. I'm pretty sure Bulkhead has caught on to the fact that Breaky's dead.

Beast Wars, Animated...

Being a cartoon is not, I repeat, is NOT an excuse.

What other mature ways? You mean putting IMOLOL after every statement to show that it's my opinion even though that's blatently obvious?

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Relax, you two. No need to escalate the argument. Let's agree to disagree and get back to casual chatter.

That said, I found the Starscream clones quite interesting what with the shennanigins they produced. Bulkhead ends up beating the spark out of one, the others end up messing with the wrong Megs, the bunch of them sneaking around the Nemesis and number 5 got wrecked by Screamer himself. I gotta say, Steve Blum must have had fun with all their banter, cuz I know I did :D 

10. WoundSave

News Credits:
    um, not really-
    This is not a well-thought out opinion. it's just an opinion.

HOW? when. who told him? Point to me the episode in which ANY OF THE AUTOBOTS have heard anything about Breakdown since his dismemberment. The decepticons don't even know where his body is. You think Megatron sent Optimus a memo? "HEY OP< BREAKDOWN BROKE DOWN! HUGS! XOXO, see you next time we try to kill each other"

really- explain to me how bulkhead could possibly know about what happened to breakdown? Airachnid never told anybody.... Mech certainly didnt.

Beast wars has its own share of cheese IMO, If waspinator can survive everything that ever happened to him, Breakdown should be alive and kicking next time we see him, right?

And really,animated- you guys complain about cheesy plot arcs in TFP. 95% of the time the transformers in animated got into trouble- it was like "SARI- use the key!" boring and repetitive deus ex machina if ever there was one.

Both shows had their good points, but they are far from perfect. Did either ever win any Emmy's? Maybe TFP isn't as daring in its writing as Beast Wars was, but TFP is more popular by far, and therefore generating more press and money for Hasbro than Beast wars ever did. The are a corporation, and as such profit is kind of their bottom line.

how about not making statements that are unilateral and boorish, like the one at the top of this post with 'idiots' in it?

I try to say what i mean, not expect others to fill in the blanks.

and really- IMOLOL, kind of douchey dude. there are certainly more mature ways to have a conversation than that.

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

And point me to the proof that says they don't know.

No, because the limits to what Beast Wars characters can survive are vastly different to the limits of Prime characters.

I'm talking about plot here, and Prime hasn't won a damn thing for it's plot.

I certainly didn't know that. You speak for the fanbase?

Now you're just making stuff up.

What am I supposed to do? Sugar coat it and rally false hope that the show will surely get better just because?

I'm going to try and be polite here.

Dude, I don't want your advice on how to have a conversation. The LOL part was just a gag anyway.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You do realise I barely come in here any more?

13. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Maybe the fact that you never see them become aware?

Christ I hate that argument. You have the burden of proof in order to prove the assertion you're making. YOU have to show proof.

14. WoundSave

News Credits:
    exactly

15. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

To be completely honest, you both need to show proof. He may have made the 1st assertion that they do know. But then you followed up with an assertion that they dont know. Unless either of you presents proof, they may or may not know that he's dead. Hello Schroedinger's Cat.

16. WoundSave

News Credits:
    No, If there hasnt been any scene in the show where the Autobots have found out, or made reference to finding out about Breakdown's death, then for all intent purposes, they don't know. 'Proof' is a somewhat dubious request cause i can't show you proof of something that hasnt happened, other than to say "it hasnt happened" and pointing at the fact that we have never seen the autobots finding out about Breakdown's death since.

Furthermore, as i said- give me a plausible explanation HOW they could have found out? Only the Decepticons, MECH, and Airachnid know about what happened to Breakdown. Who told the autobots? it hasnt happened yet, the autobots dont know, so Bulkhead has not reacted.

Also- Schrodinger's cat explained : Schrodinger's Cat - YouTube , this is not an example of schrodinger's cat.

17. Darkscream

Wrong. You are using a typical fallacious logical argument.

The absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence.

18. WoundSave

News Credits:
    i edited for what its worth-

simply put- until something happens, no one can say it did. I cant provide proof of Bulkhead not knowing, cause he doesn't, so there is no proof.

In some sense- it's like trying to prove (or disprove) the existence of God using the empirical method. You cant scientifically prove or disprove the existence (or non-existence) of something you can't measure or observe.

Outside of proving it- can anyone provide for me a reasonable explanation HOW the autobots found out about Breakdown's death?

listen- an argument is either fallacious or logical- you cant have a fallacious logical argument-if an argument is fallacy then it is by definition illogical, and therefore not logical.

19. Darkscream

A fallacious logical argument is also known as a logical fallacy. This is a proper term. Dont try to play semantics, especially incorrectly.
    What is a logical fallacy?
    Yes, it is illogical, but it is framed as if it is logical.

Secondly i'm not entirely sure why the video on Schroedinger's Cat was posted. My entire reason for mentioning it was that right now, the argument is in an indeterminate state (much like the cat). We neither know whether the autrobots do, or do not know about Breakdown's death. Until we "open the box" (ie. find out for sure that they are or are not aware), we can not say which is true. Just because we have not seen them become aware, this does not mean they are not aware, however likewise we have no evidence that they are aware either.

And yes this does draw a parallel to religious arguments, but that is a prohibited topic on these forums. I will not expand on this, and would caution you about the same.

20. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Hell does any of you guys arguments have to do with tye damn question. Damn prime forum :L Blehh