Question about the SDCC exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lerath666, May 31, 2012.

1. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

Ebay:
    do we have ANY idea or indication as to how much the 2012 SDCC Terracon cliffjumper, and the Bruticus sets are gonna cost?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    No. We can assume Cliffjumper will be about $20 and Bruticus will be about $80-90, but that's all we know right now.

3. lerath666

Ebay:
    ok, even the rough estimate is better than nothing, thanks man.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't take this the wrong way since I know we have no information to go on from Hasbro and that doesn't help matters, but since this is I think the second thread in about 24 hours asking about prices and what, maybe the fourth or fifth at least since the exclusives were revealed at Botcon over a month ago, with about a month to go until SDCC finally arrives...I wish there was a sticky or something that just explains:

"No info on price yet, here's a guestimation for both based on recent exclusives and the listed retail price for the upcoming Generations FoC deluxes: ______. Please keep in mind the official prices for last year's SDCC Hasbro exclusives weren't announced until right before the actual convention.

P.S. Yes, these will go up on HTS the week after the convention. No, we don't know when exactly. Yes, if popular, they will sell out in the blink of an eye."

Sorry, but I imagine until Hasbro clues us in there are going to be a lot of threads popping up in the next few weeks asking this as the convention gets closer.

In all honesty, Google is your friend. If nothing pops up on a quick search of either Google or this site, it's because we don't know yet. If we knew, the discussion would've moved on to either how great the price is, how ridiculous the price is and/or what we think the secondary market price will be.

5. lerath666

Ebay:
    Nah, no problem at all. I only ask, as I'm trying to get a money order together to send to a friend who is going to the con, as I can no longer go, due to impending family member arrival. I was pretty sure that there was no official answer yet, But I figured it was better to ask to be certain.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I get that...I guess I just dread the future treads that are bound to pop up, is all.

I do wish Hasbro would reveal the prices when they reveal the exclusive itself. It sucks for people who do go to the convention (counting myself in that group) who'd like to know about how much we're going to be spending, especially since I'd prefer to pay cash than with my card while I'm down there. I don't see how it takes two whole months to figure out a damn price.

7. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    there is some idiot on ebay trying to sell pre-orders of SDCC cliffjumper for $69.95 :scalper