Question about the paint quality on MP Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ranoobu, Sep 15, 2007.

1. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Hey guys..

Anyone who owns this fella see maybe a small tiny bit of a lighter color along one or both of the wings?

Almost like if it were a stress mark?

Would you guys say this is normal when it comes to any type of figure, that the paint job will sometimes "miss" getting the same color on a particular area.. sort of speaking..

Trying to figure out if the one i got may have just been a "bad batch" .. not that i mind or care. But i was just curious..

That.. and i can't sleep.. so i figured I'd bug the community.

Sorry.. not home to post pics.

2. Greatshot

Greatshot The One, The Only

i cant see anything like that on mine. i find the quality on this figure to be much bettter than the starscream. now if i could only find that damn megatron...

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I thought they were going to fix the stress mark issues , or cast it with a stonger build.

Just wished I passed on MP Starscream. Now im stuck with a green seeker.
    Time to practice kitbashing and make a Thundercracker I guess

4. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Are you referring to the hinges on the wings where the problem was with Starscream, or on the wings themselves? If it's the former, I've noticed the same thing on my hinges as well. Though, the line is pretty difficult to see. And if it is indeed a stress mark it isn't as bad as SS because it hasn't come anywhere near the point of just popping open. Oh, and on the underside of one of the wings there is a spot that looks like the paint didn't get applied to, kinda like the spray gun sputtered. The matte color and texture is just like that of the rear stabilizers which aren't painted at all. Both of these problems are very minor and nothing I'm concerned about because they're unseen in both modes unless you thoroughly inspect the entire figure. Not to mention the quality of the rest of this figure is top notch.

5. ranoobu

News Credits:
    Yea. i noticed the "sputter as well"

and its the wing themselve.

Having looked at it again today, I think it's only if you look at it from a certain angle.

These things seem to be normal for some if you also have these oddities..

Seriously though.. you barely notice it if you notice it at all. It's a great figure :) 

6. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Mine has paint bubbles all over and puddles on the leading edges of the wings. Some panels are unpainted on the top of the plane. The glossy finish makes the entire figure creaky, causing the back panel with the airbrake to not stay put. Overall, I prefer the quality of my MP-03 with the matte finish and the painted stripes. My stripe decals are already bubbling and peeling up because they were so difficult to perfectly align. I have a funny feeling US MP SS is going to be a mess.

7. ranoobu

News Credits:
    Possibly.. but looking at the packaging screenshots.. his decals are already on him.. so maybe they're painted on as well.. .. as for the other concerns.. i guess we'll have to see

either way, i'll be happy with him :) 

8. pcsguy88

After seeing the emblems painted on him, I thought SW would have more paint apps. I'll buy him, but the bar has been lowered to DVD Prime levels so that only good vibes can come while opening him.

9. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
    Haven't seen anything wrong with mine, did notice that one of his hands the fingers were backwards, but other than that, amazing figure.

10. sparkimusprime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    The panel on the back of mine won't sit flush either. The front of the panel that sits right behind the cockpit is what I'm having problems with, the rear of the panel near the tail sits fine. All the panels and lines sit flush on Starscream, but I can only get about half of Skywarp's panels to sit flush. I wonder if it has something to do with the figure being painted because the only paint apps on Starscream are details here and there. Skywarp looks to have been dipped into a vat a la Achilles and allowed to dry.

11. pcsguy88

Sorry to hear that, but glad somebody finally agrees. The gloss makes him creakier than a cheap pair of tuxedo rental shoes. I played with him and MP-03 today and prefer the latter by far. And what's up with the wiggly waist?

12. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I've only transformed my MP Skywarp to robot and back to jet one time. All the panels look flush to me.

It also has some small imperfections in the paint like others have mentioned, but the only thing really noticeable on mine is a big scratch on the nosecone revealing the purple plastic underneath.

13. sparkimusprime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Pcsguy88, I think our SW must have been in the same assembly line. I noticed the wiggly waist as well. Oh well, the jet mode seems to suffer more so it's a good thing I like the bot mode more.