Question about the movie ending (spoiler so don't look if you ain't seen it)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by starscreamghost, Jul 3, 2007.

1. starscreamghost

starscreamghost Well-Known Member

Did Starscream shoot Megatron before he split? You see one of the raptors fly below the buildings (I think) and shoot him about 30 times helping to wound him before Sam and Prime deal with him. . The marines said no pilot would fly below a building so was that him betraying Megs before he took off for space?

The end happened pretty fast so it was hard to tell.

Thanks

2. Rocker22

Rocker22 Well-Known Member

I don't think it was Starscream.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It wasn't said that it was him, but on the other hand, it wasn't said that it wasn't him, so it could've been him. unless it wasn't.

4. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    I thought that was a while before Megatron even got there that the line was said. I honestly don't remember him getting shot, but it's worth noting that there were a whole bunch of F-22's flying damn low when Screamer was attacking them. They probably received authorization to fly as low as they deemed nessessary.

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I dont think it was, I think SS was up dealing with the rest of the human raptors. There were human piloted raptors that went below the buildings before that scene, despite what the marine said previous to that.

6. starscreamghost

starscreamghost Well-Known Member

true enough, but Starsceam always screws over Megatron, and in the movie he didn't do anything to run afoul of him accept loose the allspark which he never had to loose. So he wouldn't be starscream unless he pulled some twisted move on megs, right?

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    all it would need would be a line in the sequel with Starscream saying "Did you really think the humans could take down Megatron on their own?" and then show a flashback of an F-22 shooting at Megatron.

8. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Oh, it would have been very cool if it was in fact him.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definitely, don't think it was Starscream who shot Megatron...he was too busy fending off the rest of the Raptors.

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    The final battle - Starscream the traitor? (SPOILERS)

I noticed this irregularity while rewatching the movie, and trying to find Starscream - and upon discussing it on other boards, have to wonder.

In the final scene, when Starscream is attacking all the jets - notice that he transforms and joins in on the formation. He doesn't seem to flee.

Also, although Lennox and co. painted Blackout, they did NOT get the chance to do so to Megatron. Keep in mind that when Starscream joined the formation, he took the lead.

And YET, the F-22s somehow knew to down Megatron. Not to mention the massive amount of damage they inflicted on him - despite the minimal damage they did to Starscream in the air.

I smell a traitor....

Discuss.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I apologize for the vulgarity...BUT HOLY F**K!!! I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT! I am seeing it again on Wednesday! I will have to watch carefully!

12. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    Wow dude, makes sense. I'm seeing it again tomorrow also, so I'm watching for that.

Starscream, you jackass.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, I don't think so...Starscream fled and one of the pilots say something about giving chase! But it would be cool if Starscream did that.

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am going to watch carefully on Wednesday. But thinking back, he transformed into jet mode and last I saw him, he was mixing himself back into the crowd. My initial thought was this was for them to track of him...but what if there was...more than met the eye?

15. neK

neK Is behind you...

maybe your supposed to decide for yourself if its Screamer or not

16. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

starscream is leader of the seekers...perhaps one of the raptors was thundercracker or skywarp in disguise. starscream could have ordered thundercracker or skywarp to attack megatron, seizing the chance to backstab while using the humans as a scapegoat.

are you reading this, michael bay? this is how you should address this in the sequel!

17. A/OrionPax/3

A/OrionPax/3 Welcome to Funkutron

of course starscream shot megs. why wouldnt he? When the sequel drops hell be the leader until, inevitably, megs comes back and teaches him how the chain of command works

18. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    this is actually a plausible theory

19. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Nice idea,but you'll notice there were two grounds of raptors,SS only attacked on group.

20. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

I agree with the speculation only because not only was i thinking it last night BUT i remember when we were all waiting for the film some of the things mentioned by the writers and whatnot was that there was a traitor anyone else remember that??