Question about the Japanese G1 trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ejector369, May 6, 2012.

1. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

What if Hasbro Studios made a new English dub of the Japanese G1 series Headmasters, Super-God Masterforce, and Victory to air on The Hub? It would be better than the crappy Omni Productions dub. I know it may never happen due to money, but what do you think?

The characters with Japanese names could get new names such as Overlord renamed Gigatron, Black Shadow renamed Sky Shadow, and Raiden renamed Rail Racer.

Not to mention some of the living cast members from the American G1 cartoon like Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Paul Eiding, Gregg Berger, Susan Blu, and Corey Burton could reprise their roles in all three series. And some living voice actors could replace the deceased portrayers as the voice of some characters like Jazz and Wheeljack. They could also add new voice actors as well.

Hasbro Studios could do the same thing with Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo, too!

2. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

I would buy it, but Hasbro won't do it because they think I wouldn't. (rolling eyes)

3. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Or you can just watch it with the Japanese audio and READ the subtitle...is that so hard ?

4. Ejector369

Well, I could do that, but I was saying what if The Hub aired it in America with a new and improved English dub. I know it would be impossible, though.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They should, and give it to either Bang Zoom! or Ocean Groups Studios since both studios see no love these days....

Could you imagine Tim Daly as Star Saber or Ron Perlman as Overlord and even Scott McNeil as Sixshot. I can.....

6. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

I would also like to see a real English dub happen, Peter Cullen would only be doing three episodes, Judd Nelson could return for the ten episodes Rodimus is in, the guy who voiced Ultra Magnus in Animated could show up and Garry Chalk or David Kaye could voice God Ginrai. Or Neil Kaplan. But we'll never see it happen, marketing flaws really. As of now we have to put up with subtitles, but I have found versions of The Headmasters online which have different subtitles which make it feel more like Transformers, ex, they call them Autobots and Decepticons in the subtitles I found.

^ YES! Perfect.

7. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Well-Known Member

i think its a great idea.

i have the new releses of headmasters and super god masterforce, and my son loves them (he's almost 5), but he'd love them more if he could understand wat they were saying and it WOULD make it more enjoyable for me because reading all that shit out loud to him so fast is pretty exhausting. :) 

id buy them again with quality english dubbing.

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    A dub would be awesome.

9. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    It would be awesome and I'd watch it, but I really don't see it being profitable enough to do through all the work of a dub.

Also, unless it was a stellar dub, nothing can save Headmasters from being slow and grating at times.

10. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

pretty good idea if it works

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Here's some fan casting ideas I whiped up:

Tim Daly as Star Saber
    David Kaye as Ginrai
    Troy Baker as Metalhawk
    Karen Strassman as Minerva
    Ron Perlman as Giga
    Barbara Goodson as Mega
    Daniel Riordan as Deathsaurus
    James Remar as Scorponok
    Steve Blum as Fortress Maximus & Blood
    Paul St. Peter as Dauros
    Crispin Freeman & Steve Staley as Hydra and Buster
    Josh Keaton as Chromedome
    Fred Tatasciore as Dinoking

12. Ejector369

Do you think I should start a petition for a Hasbro Studios dub of the 3 Japanese series to be aired on The Hub? If so, then which petition site would be the best?

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

raiden
    landcross
    victory leo

14. Ejector369

Interesting, but who do you think should voice other characters such as Overlord/Gigatron, Liokaiser, Black Shadow, and Blue Bacchus?

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    There's no need. Anyone who really wants to watch it, just watch the subtitled version.

As far as the Hub not showing subtitled series: it doesn't matter. None of these shows would find an audience on that channel anyway. Kids today wouldn't give a mad fuck about any of them. They are too outdated in terms of look, and none of the three shows have the charm of the original to counter-balance that. Pre-2000s animation is a tough sell to newer kids. I've seen series of a much higher quality than Masterforce or Victory (all due respect) fail to find an audience because modern viewers thought they looked too "old-fashioned".

It would be a lot of expense for Hasbro with very limited returns.

16. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I'd love it and if I had money to throw away I'd partner with Hasbro to make it happen, but unless someone steps up to throw away money on the project it'll never see the light of day.