Question about the IDW Collection Compendium

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by SonicGX98, Jun 6, 2016.

1. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Can someone answer this question for me please? A couple months ago, I saw an article that said that the IDW Collection Compendium would be released on June 1. I want to get a physical copy of it, but for some reason the Barnes and Noble website says it won't be published until July 12! Can somone please sort this out for me? I really want to get into the IDW comics, and I'd rather start all the way at the beginning.

2. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Comic book shops are typically given a short period of exclusivity before books like that are made available through general retailers. If you are in a hurry, find a local comic shop and tell them you are interested in this. But it looks like the expected release date was pushed back from what you read previously.

3. evilomar

evilomar Active Member

As much as I love the IDW collections they always run later than the initial date they had solicited. Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case with this compendium.

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As of today, it's going to be released in comic shops 6th of July. The original date was 1st of June.

IDW sucks when it comes to TPB/HC release dates since almost all are delayed. I'll never forget that TF UK Classics vol. 5 was delayed 9 months from the original scheduled date!!!

I'd keep this link on hand and check every once in awhile (if you're in the US) since almost all comic shops get their comics from Diamond: PREVIEWSworld - TRANSFORMERS IDW COLL COMPENDIUM TP VOL 01

Like hardlurk said, local comic shops will get their books first. Usually a week and a half sooner than Amazon or B&N. Marvel and DC as well (there's a day count formula, just forgot it at the moment).

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I just hope they continue the compendiums all the way to the current stuff. It's how I prefer to consume my comics. I have all 3 Walking Dead compendiums. They put like 48 issues in each, so I'm up to issue 144 and I only have 3 books on the shelf. I'd love to do the same with the IDW Transformers. I'm so OCD, that if I started buying the individual issues, I'd want to go back and get all the back issues. Besides the monumental task of tracking them all down, there's also the expense of doing so. Not to mention I'd go nuts until I actually got them all. If I do compendiums instead, I can grab them as they come out and eventually have everything. That is as long as they continue to make them.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Has there been any word on a volume 2 yet? There is no preorder on Amazon and right now, volume 1 is getting lonely on my shelf. I do hope they plan to produce more of these.