Question about the Generations line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jul 3, 2010.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    When is the Generations line officially supposed to be out? I've heard that some people are already getting Drift and the WFC characters, but Hasbro Toy Shop and BBTS aren't shipping them until August. I went to TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart today and didn't find anything.

I saw that TRU's site has them for sale already, but they're out of stock. When should they get them back? Is there any other way to get the figures?

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Toy distribution is a weird thing. Australia already had Generations toys months ago, so people saying they already have them are probably living there. However, people in America are just getting them, so places around Rhode Island might be getting them sooner. There is no "set release date" for filler lines like these. ROTF had a set street date of May 15. Generations does not have a "release date", and (not to sound like a Wal-Mart worker), "They'll be here when they get here."

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    The first wave of Generations is shipping NOW. Online venues like BBTS will probably have their stuff out by the end of July.

Some Toys R US locations have put them out. In general though, Walmart and Target don't stock much until they do their fall toy resets, which usually occur around mid-August.

Generations is NOT a "big launch" line like movie lines or STar Wars. Stores are free to put them out as they get them. But because it is a new SKU, many stores will not put them out until they get a new modular for their shelves saying "yes this line is SUPPOSED to be here"

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Well, that just stinks, cuz I'm sitting here waiting to get mine, looking in stores, and there are people that already have them customized and in the Radicons section! I guess If I get too impatient, I can see if someone on the boards can pick them up for me and I can pay them a little extra or something for the service. :D 

EDIT: All of the figures I want are sold out on TRU's site. Anyone have a guess on how fast they'll get more?

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It's out whenever you get them.

We got Generations cases along with HtfD and PCC in Western Washington TRU's this week.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i may have to wait till August, but I know i will have the figures i want.
    that more than compensates for the frustration of searching in vain for for "iffy" shipments.
    pre-orders...man i wish we had this back in '84.

7. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

i got everything i want pre-ordered but the wait is killing me lol

8. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

I'm glad to get new figures and such.
    Seeing old RoTF stuff was getting... well, old.
    But, I'm still not done with the RoTF line!

C'mere Mudflap! Here boy! *whistle*
    Skystalker!? Where are you guys?

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    August is probably the date Hasbro has issued for the "expected saturation date". That means when they expect them to be readily available. I'd imagine most places will have them by then.

10. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina and i did a quick tour on Thursday and Friday for different toy stores and none of them had idea of new Tf toys. :p 
    but they all agree on something: if there is new tf toy arriving, probably will be in August. Thats a start, right? ^^'

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm just waiting for a sighting at wal-mart

12. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The dates which appear on the small cards in the BotCon and SDCC displays tend to reflect the saturation dates. You can normally start finding items up to a month before that. The only exception from that is when something has a street date.

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro UK is just as odd lots' of Comic shops a few videogames shops got some have them TRU UK have them, but nowhere else as yet... not main retailers.

PCC are out in Sainsbury's though.

So it looks like they are tettering on the brink of being out globally - I'd say give it another few weeks and they will be out everywhere internationally.

But UK or USA - it looks like you might like to try TRU.