Question about the G1 combiners.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jedi prime1, Jan 18, 2008.

1. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

Let's say that the Protectobots and the Aireal bots were fighting, and just for the sake of argument, Silverbolt and 2 other Airalbots got damaged, and 2 protectobots got damaged, could Hot Spot, 2 protectobots and 2 airialbots merge into one bot?

2. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

According to Scramble City, any of those parts are interchangable because a Decepticon was able to merge with an Autobot gestalt (I'm not sure which ones) and disable him. I'm not sure if that reaction was because of the Decepticon sabotaging it or if that happens when any combiner team merges together.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you go on the basis that the combined robot's mind is a combination of all the team members, and how well it functions comes from how well the team members work together, I don't think it would be that tough for any of the autobot combiners to mix and match, at least a little. There would probably be some reduced capacity, since we're talking about robots who haven't worked together as a team before, and Aerialbots might be more interested in fighting while Protectobots may be more into protecting others, and so forth.

With that, it would make sense for a Stunticon to freeze up Superion by replacing a limb like in the scramble city vid, as presumably he would be working actively to throw off the processes of the rest of the group.

4. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

It was a Stunticon that linked to Superion.... I think it was Wildrider that connected to Superion's leg.....

But for the most part , Yes they can interchange.....but just the Scramble City style ones....Aerialbots, Protectobots, Technobot,Stunticons, Combaticons , Seacons , and Terrorcons.

5. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

yes they can. but they would look like crap :D 

6. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

Wildrider was just being random. You never know what he'll do next.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I see no reason why they wouldn't mix and match parts. Ultimately as long as they could synch up their minds and all decide to work together for a common goal, that should be enough to allow the "spiritual" aspect of the combination that might otherwise interfere with the physical combination.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think the answer is two part.

Physically, yes, the Scramble City-style combiners could link up.

Practically, though, they'd need considerably practice before they'd be combat-effective on account of the different combination of minds. First time they tried to pull it off, I suspect they'd be clumsy as all hell.

Be neat if they trained up for it, though, and found different advantages to different combinations that they could utilize on the fly in battle.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

While I'm inclined to say yes, I think it takes something away from combiners if they could just 'hook up' with any other combiner. I like to think that they're unique to their combined form.

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    According to the makers of low quality KOs, Stunticons and Technobots don't mind merging.
    :) 

11. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Hehe, I'm surprised KA or one of tfw's other more witty members hasn't hit this thread up yet with a crack about 'incompatibility'...

12. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Damn. I was going to say that explains the KO combiners with the Stunts and Technos! Got beat to the punch(line)