Question about the FOC GENerations wreckers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by s_cren, Sep 15, 2012.

1. s_cren

s_cren Banned

Are they suppose to be from G1 in a classics way or are they FOC ? does anyone know

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    They're supposed to be repaints of the Combaticons...

3. s_cren

s_cren Banned

no i know that but are they suppose to be classics characters ? or are they in prime or FOC

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Wherever you put them? Will be released under FOC, most likely.

5. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Technically, by being in repaints of the FoC Combaticons and probably released under the "FoC" banner (whatever that means in Generations), they would be "Prime/Aligned" figures.

However, given most of the characters are pretty low on the list for new, "proper", Classics versions, you could easily use them as Classic "stand ins" for those characters, especially Impactor, Top Spin and Twin Twist, who are VERY unlikely to get new toys in the near future.

Just because Hasbro's marketing says something does not mean you have to follow it.

6. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Topspin and twintwist ate definitely not g1/classics. Whirl and roadbuster at least have the right colors.for g1

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    They're technically the only choice you got for official Classics versions, really.

8. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're not far off though. One of them's ground based, the other air based; they've go a blue and white colour scheme going. I think that counts enough.

9. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

Look just look at it this way, topspin twintwist and Impacor never had earth modes so they can be classics if you want, whirl and road buster I feel deviate most from g1 so they're going on the Wfc/ foc shelf.

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Whirl's 90% orange...

As far as I'm concerned, theyre FOC. Roadbuster aside, none of them look like their G1 incarnations in amy way except for the head, colors, and a REALLY loose semblance to alt mode. Its as if Hasbro decided to do Classics Tracks by painting Prowl blue because they're both cars.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The alt mode will be Fall of Cybertron since they are repaints with a head swap. Given the alt mode I'm guessing most collectors will put them with their game figures display. But since this is one of the few shots that you might get at the characters any time soon no one is going to think it's crazy if you want to fill a spot in your Classics or Transformer Prime collection with them.

The Wreckers are starting show up in about every version of Transformers now so there isn't a rule any more that Wreckers can only go into certain collections. It looks like the designers wanted to go with sort of universal look so it's not limited as to what you could use them for as long as you don't mind the alien alt mode.