Question about The Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SharkyMcShark, Jun 24, 2009.

1. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Okay I'm reasonably sure that no mention of him was made in the IDW prequels to the first movie and the Reign of Starscream, SO

Megatron was working for The Fallen all along (As per the IDW Comics that chronicle the beginning of tension on Cybertron - I forget the name right now). He flies back to the NEmesis to find the Fallen tied into his throne (life support?). Was the Fallen there all along? He wasn't mentioned (AFAIK) in the prequels/set up fiction to the previous movie, and leaving out something like the all powerful semi God of a bot you're working for is along for the ride seems like something big to leave out...

I suppose what I'm asking is, is it one of those things like the Matrix in G1 suddenly appearing in TFTM that we're just asked to run with and presume he was there all along, or did he come to be in the nemesis at some later point after the previous movie's prequel material.

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    My guess is, the Fallen has been sitting in the same chair for thousands of years which is why he was a bit rusty and got beaten easily by Optimus.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simple, it's because they didn't decide to add The Fallen until the second movie.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess is Starscream is in the fallens ship not the nemesis from the reign of starscream. I guess it crashed at some point

5. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Actually The Fallen is trapped in there until The Last Prime falls...You see When Optimus died, his eyes lights up and he is suddenly powerful!

6. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, a retcon, just like the Matrix appearing out of nowhere in G1, even after the episode where Optimus' body was taken apart and notably Matrix-less. He wasn't even thought of until they started writing the script to ROTF.

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    If they use Unicron and Primus in TF3, we will have to wonder what Unicron and Primus were doing during TF1 and TF2.

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sleeping?

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe he just "fell" asleep.

Haw haw!