Question about the control pillar?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tonyformer, Jan 3, 2012.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While watching DOTM now for like my 20th time, I see the control pillar looks very close to the mormal pillars but it is lit up in red but, what the hell pillar is that in the elevator with Dillon and Carly. You see it there and again earlier when NEST taks them, and pits the pillars in the containers before going into the volt. The pillar on the elevator with Dillon and Carly looks to clearly be the control pillar but you can clearly see it looks nothing like the red control pillar we see Sentinel use. What gives?

2. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'd like to know as well. Maybe it's the "drive" pillar. It's like the transmitter for the control pillar. Just a guess.

3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its just that there were only 5 pillars found with Sentinel that NEST took and put in the voult and those are the same 5 that were in the crash voult with Sentinel. four normal and the one red pillar. That pillar in the elivator with Dillon and Carly is way different looking.

4. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well, when Sentinel transports Decepticons from the Moon, he uses those four blue pillars and the control pillar. Maybe those are for small-scale transportations, while they need the one in the elevator along with the other five for large-scale transportations.

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Wait... what? It clearly looks like the control pillar, but clearly doesn't look like the control pillar. Iz lost.

6. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

It's not the Control Pillar. It's one of the Pillars that Sentinel set up in the cupolas of the building.

This. There are indeed three kinds of Pillars - the Control Pillar, the Transport Pillars, and the one(s) seen on the elevator which I'm going to call the "Amplifier" Pillars. The Amplifier Pillars were placed in three of the building's cupolas (the fourth was the Control Pillar) to amplify the Control Pillar's...well, control. But as you said, they're used for the large-scale Space Bridge.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    There seems to be about three different designs. The control pillar, the regulatr pillars, and the pillars that have a whole bunch of crap halfway in the middle. (This design ended up on the Ark playset)