Customs: Question about the 'Con Logo on seekers

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Christopher-2, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I haven't properly introduced myself, yet, and I planned to do it by showing you all yet another G1 style Classics Thundercracker, but something really puzzles me. This question may be a no-brainer to some, but it really is a big deal, so I want to know what the majority thinks. How should one place the Decepticon logo on the seekers wings? Should I put them on so that they appear upside down in robot mode like in Transformers: the movie? Or is it best that the logos show rightside up, like on so many toys?

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This should spark some good debate!!

*waits for answers*

*cause I'm really not sure myself*

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i would do logo up in robot mode. The robot mode is more important than the alt mode imo. plus when in alt mode they want to be hidden so the symbol doesnt matter, in robot mode they should represent thier faction with pride.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

If you're putting the logos on the wings, I say do it so they're right way up in robot mode. If you think about it, when you're viewing the jets from the top, there isn't exactly a fixed 'right way up', so there's no right or wrong way for them to face, but there is in robot mode.

Personally, though, on my Classics Seekers, I've left the insignias off the wings altogether and simply applied a logo to the left shoulder of each in robot mode. I've put the rubsigns at the left air intake of the jet mode so they can opt to reveal their allegiance if they choose.

5. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

yeah i put mine right side up in bot mode. the only reason i do this is because it seems to be the right way not because it is.

6. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Well, I've always been fond of keeping Starscream's insignia upside-down in robot mode, while the remaining seekers keep theirs upright.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this is a cool idea, as it gives Starscream that sorta anarchist visual feel with his stance of allegiance to Megs.

As far as the general answer to the question goes, I like my D-con symbols upright in robot mode.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

It seems like most of us prefer the upright version, though I do sort of like SQ7's "decepticon anarchist" idea. :) 

I'm sort of indifferent. I guess I feel like they should be upright in bot mode, but there's a nostalgic attachment to the upside down ones...

As I understand it, the reason for this is because the insignia on the wings in jet mode is arranged to reflect the official standard for insignia display on aircraft... which means they end up inverted in bot mode.

So in a sense, upside-down is more the more "accurate" way to mount the emblems, though who knows why a Decepticon would bother showing his colours in "disguise" mode, or why he'd care about human insignia conventions...!

zmog

9. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

That's the best explanation I've herd for Screamer's flipped insignia. Anyone know if MP Skywarp and Thundercracker had their D-cons upside down too?

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    look at ANY G1 Instruction scan. They ALL show the symbols go right-side UP in robot mode. You can thank Sunbow AGAIN for another error that has sparked a 25 yr debate.

11. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Thank you guys, for all the ideas, and I've decided what I want to do. I like the idea of screamer bieng the only seeker who has his emblems on upside down in robot mode, to mock Megatron's leadership. Once my Reprolabes arive I'll show all what I did, (Of course, you're all probably tired of seeing so many takes on seekers, especially if there not much difference between them.)

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Hey, everyone's got their own take on them; pretty much every one's got its own subtle differences.
    And these are your Seekers. We haven't seen them yet... :D