Question about the Botcon Seekers bio cards

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thundercracker, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Forgive me if this has already been posted as I was unable to see all the news that surrounded Botcon, but I remember Pete at Botcon stating that Thundercracker retained his G1 colors for a specific reason. I was able to read TC's bio card via an ebay auction and it stated that he was re-activated by Megatron and that he hated Starscream for him being the one responsible to his deactivation. My question is did his deactivation take place when he got tossed from Astrotrain like in the movie? What is the Botcon story behind TC, Dirge, Thrust and the rest? Sounds like an interesting story line....

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Starscream killed him in #50 of the American Marvel comic.

"Thundercracker, Skywarp -- my old Decepticon flying partners! You're GROUNDED!!"

The "Games of Deception" storyline takes place after the end of the G1 Marvel comic instead of G2. It has nothing to do with the movie (which doesn't happen in this continuity).

3. Thundercracker

Ah, thanks for the info. I need to dust of all my old marvel books and read up on them again.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    To follow up on Bass XO, the box set does indeed take place in the Marvel G1 universe. Starscream exposes himself to the Underbase, a big glowing cube looking thing full of knowledge and power, which makes him huge and nearly invincible. The Autobots and Decepticons team up to stop him, and he kills literally dozens and dozens of them (also a convenient way for the writers to clear out a lot of characters whose toys weren't being made any more :) ), including Thundercracker.

5. Thundercracker

Is there anymore to the new story other than just the ID cards that came with the figures? This sounds like an interesting twist to the old story..

6. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does that also explain why Springer & Huffer have new alt modes? Then again, iirc, Springer never appeared in the US G1 comics, only UK...

Doesn't look tooo bad, just would like to know why my fave trip-changer got a body change...

really, FP/Hasbro needs to print the "universe" comics in a collection for those of us who are new to the Club... I ain't paying $10/each for a few pages, as most of the exclusives are probably loooong gone.

7. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Springer never appeared in the US G1 comics so I guess his appearances in the UK comic don't count (especially since Furman's original plan before the comic got canceled was to introduce the Wreckers for the first time in the US comic).