Question about the Blu-Ray version of the movies (Both the animated and Bay movie)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SimonMK, Jun 27, 2009.

1. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw that the 1986 movie will get a Blu-Ray version release. Is it already out or its set to be released later? I see it nowhere in Canada, Quebec.

I already have the 20th anniversay version which has 2 discs, 1 widescreen with remastered colors disc and the other disc being the movie in original version.

Is there anything added/different in the Blu-Ray version? Does the Blu-Ray version use the remastered colors?

==================================

About the Blu-Ray version of the first TF Bay movie, I hear we get a 20$ refund if we have in possession the DVD version, is that still available or its expired?

Does the Blu-Ray version include the IMAX scenes? I am asking this because the ''The Dark Knight'' included the IMAX scenes in the Blu-Ray only.

==================================

I do have a HDTV, a PS3 and have both the 20th anniversary 1986 movie and the DVD version of the first Bayformers movie. Is it worth buying both movies' Blu-Ray versions?

2. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

The only version of the '86 movie on Blu-ray is a UK release. Good news though it's region free... so it will play on any Blu-ray player. You wont be disapointed because the Picture Quality will blow your mind!

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I reviewed the UK Version of the 86 movie on Blu-Ray.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...5-review-transformers-movie-1986-blu-ray.html

The picture quality is fantastic, but that's about it. If you just want a solid picture quality, it's worth it. But it offers absolutely nothing else.

The live action movie does not include the extended IMAX cut. Nor does it contain deleted scenes of those. There was a $10 refund offer, not $20. But I am not sure if that is still available.

4. malteselegacy

malteselegacy Galvatron

I agree the picture quality is outstanding. The sound is alright. There are no extras with it though unfortunately. If you have a 1080p TV with at least 60Hz,the picture alone is worth it. It looks that damn good!

5. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got the Live Action movie in Blu-Ray, I can get a refund for 10$ until the 10th December 2009.

Hmm... I read the instruction inside for the refund and... I don't understand the steps, what is the tab or UPC?

6. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

My thoughts would be the barcode.

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes, the full barcode is the UPC.

8. davidshirt

davidshirt Active Member

Has anyone picked up the new TF '86 blu Ray released by Madman? It has bonus features similar to the regular DVD releases, eg, Scramble City, Trailer, The Touch Music video.

I am curious if the picture quality is similar to the UK blu ray.