Question about TFsource on Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spoiler, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I bought a figure off of Ebay that the seller is TFsource. Now, I had got an email later this afternoon about setting up an account with TFsource that makes note of it using my email as my username.

Is it normal to recieve an email like this after purchasing on ebay? I don't have any real intentions to setup an account through them just yet, and I wanna make sure that it isn't gonna automatically setup an account without my knowing.

2. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *SHRUG* Contact them and ask.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I just did. I was curious, because I have heard some things about TFsource and security issues, which was why I opted to use ebay instead. I just don't want it setting up an account without my knowing/permission.

4. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Does sound fishy. Like those credit monitoring services that sign you up (and charge you) for unwanted monthly services until you expressly tell them to cancel. If you paid with PayPal, I don't think it'll be an issue since PayPal is apparently secure against TFSource's issues. Can always contact them and expressly tell them, no thanks. And since eBay is the middleman in this case, TFSource shouldn't have access to your financial information, just your name, e-mail, address and contact/shipping info (to ship your items).

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The email appeared to be from TFsource, it explained how to set up a source within, and I just deleted it without following any of the links.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Update: I recieved another email from TFsource about my order updating to shipped. So, it is making me think there is less fishy things going on, but, I still haven't heard back about them making me an account without my knowledge. I can't imagine them doing so without me permitting them to do so, maybe it is just a temporary tracking method for status.