Question about stress marks and Generations Thrust.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys, recently i managed to find a TRU with a couple of the new Generations Thrust available, the one i bought happened to have a cracked joint (right on the pin were his left foot flips in and out during transformation) from the factory, so i went and exchanged it, the next one i got is fine except it's got the faintest stress mark on the same pin/joint, the movement of the foot is stiff so i figure it'll eventually crack it, so i was wondering, how do you loosen up a pin joint, or how you fix the stress mark (i seem to remember something about using a hair dryer, but can't recollect if it is to stiffen the joint or to loosen it, if so how exactly do i do this so as not to harm the figure?) if there is any way to alleviate the stress mark.
    thanks guys for all the wonderful help i've received in this forums :bowdown: 

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

This is a common issue with this mold in general. My Generations Thrust is the same way. You can push out the pin and shave some of the plastic off of the foot and that will make it less tight.

You can use a hair dryer to remove stress marks, just be careful.

3. Viper08

News Credits:
    Do i have to heat up the pin in order to push it out?, also i don't have this problem with the last starscream release (it is the Newer version of this mold as opposed to the old one that Thrust and Acid Storm use; hence the difference on the 3 figures: Starscream is super loose and the other 2 are super tight, doesnt make any sense since Thrust uses the old mold) or do i just push it with a tool?, also quick question, how long do i use the dryer for?, at what distance? and all you do is just use the dryer on the affected area right? wouldn't that TIGHTEN the joint also?
    So sorry about all the questions; it's my first time trying this and wanna make sure i don't detroy the figure in the process.
    Once again thakns for all the help.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you unscrew the leg, it'll just slide off the pin

5. Viper08

News Credits:
    Ahh!!!, ok i see it now, thanks for that.
    Any info on the dryer usage that i asked up above?
    Appreciate it guys.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    this is the first i ever heard of this problem, now you got me worried about the one i'm getting today

7. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is the only thing I don't like about this mold. Both my Botcon Dirge and Thundercracker had this issue. My Generations Thrust is fine however.

8. Viper08

News Credits:
    I managed to completely fix the problem using everyone's suggestions, I unscrewed the leg, shaved some of the plastic and for the first time I used the hair dryer method to make a stress mark disappear ( I gotta admit, the hair dryer is a nail biting experience; I was expecting the leg to just melt off ). Thank you guys so much for all the help.

9. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho The Last Gunslinger

News Credits:
    When you guys say shave off some plastic from the foot, where on the foot needs to be shaved?