Question about Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kenm2474, Jul 1, 2008.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have been thinking. Why hasnt the Classics line developed a Soundwave Figure yet? Now I know that there is one for the Animated Line. But when he is no longer available what then? has there been any word on anything about Soudwave for the Classics line? I know they made a reissue that was packaged in the Classics box art whom I have but hes not a True Classics. I want one that is updated to suit todays standards for a Soundwave.

2. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    I think that the closest you will see for a while is the Animated one. I would kinda be like releasing a Classics Blitzwing now, as he has a Animated release pending. When they announced Blitzwing last year at botcon, the hasbro pannel was pretty much satisfied with saying that they had paid homage to the 3 decepticon triple changers with Astrotrain, and then future Tankor classic figures and the Animated Blitz.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Though, again not necessarily from the Classics line, the music label Soundwave is a rather nice modern update to him.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm gonna bet we don't see one any time soon, unless they release a stripped ML Soundwave over here under Universe.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if anything, masterpiece soundwave over a classics. because you know he would come with at least 1 or 2 of his cassettes and would be bad ass.

6. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

I consider ML soundwave a classics release. I agree. Strip him down and relases it domestic in universe.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering the fandom is very split on what a proper update of Soundwave should be (micro cassette recorder, mp3 player, car, plane, newsvan) and that we already have Cybertron, animated, music label, and the classics reissue hasbro probably wont bother. I would rather they focus on g1'ers that havent been done at all like trailbreaker

Edit:
    I really wouldnt want a stripped ML released here. Ml is barely convincing as a larger then average mp3 player that resembles g1 soundwave. If you take the function out of it it just become a big blue brick transformer that looks like a tapedeck. Since kids these days dont know what the hell a tapedeck is I doubt it would sell. f you want one just import it there down to $70

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't see it happening any time soon. If anything we might see a Soundwave figure in the 25th Ann. line, but even then it could end up as a repaint of some figure. If we get a MP figure of him it most likely won't be for a while, as we already know the next two figures that'll be released. Thundercracker later this year, and a new mold Grimlock most likely sometime next year. Hopefully Hasbro decides to release him to the masses here in the US, and NOT as a Walmart exclusive. I do personally see at least one Soundwave figure coming from TF2's toy line, even if he somehow isn't in the actual movie itself.

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Didn't they actually design a Classics Soundwave before doing that reissue??

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, if you can afford it, get the blue ML Soundwave. He's fantastic on my shelf with the other con classics

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep- http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/4/44/Classics_Soundwave.jpg- It was even designed by Don.

Eh, I've considered it, but it's not worth the price, imo. That and something about the way he looks bothers me. That and the whole hand situation is something I don't like. If Hasbro were to release him over here in the states withought the mp3 feature, and more normal TF hands than I would consider it, but as it is that's most likely not going to happen.

12. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

You are all forgetting:
    A. Titanium Soundwave, and
    B. Cybertron Soundwave, who is being repainted into a Universe Blaster.
    Combined with a release in Animated, I think that Soundwave is low on their list of "bots to do".

13. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Well it was just a thought. I would love to see an updated Classics Soundwave.

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i thought they did something with classics Soundwave, who had room for 2 cassettes, but i guess not. but he has his animated release, plus:: he is in TF:ROTF:: i think thats good for now, and then Classics later on, maybe 4.0 or sumthin

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    hasbro said that the reissue soundwave is classics soundwave. the upcoming ravage that comes with hound is even made to fit in the original soundwave.

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was also a design done by Guido I think. A handheld mini-cassette recorder. Looked amazing. Wish I had a link, its somewhere in News.

And DUDE! You don't like his hands? One set of hands are designed so you can pose him pressing the shoulder eject button. WIN.

The price is an issue, but if you can afford it... he looks great on any classics display.

17. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

If he gets a new update, I hope he ll come packed with the cassettes updated as minicons.
    Cybertron Soundwave was pretty close, whatever those hexagonal blocks were, they could have been ravage & rumble instead of guns.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, that was the reissue that they released last year. Also: As far as we currently know there is no proof of him being in TF:ROTF. He most likely is, but he could still end up being cut from it like he was from the first movie.

They just look awkward on him for some reason. The whole posing with him pressing the shoulder button is cool, but not cool enough to warrant the extremely odd hands, let alone the price of him. That and I personally don't think he looks good with the Classics. Basically, I think the ML Soundwave figure is a pos. I'd rather buy the G1 version of him, or any of it's reissues.