Question about Shipping?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by X-BRAWN81, Nov 26, 2006.

1. X-BRAWN81

X-BRAWN81 Survived Huriicane Dolly

:confused:  I want to put some things up for sale in the Items For Sale or Trade Forum but don't know how to determine shipping. So Junkion Exchange Experts how do you do it? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys!!!

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I usually just estimate it based on past experience - I'm almost on a first-name basis with the local postal workers, heh. Other people use USPS's shipping calculator to determine the cost, based on weight and dimensions of the package.

When in doubt, and if you don't/can't estimate it or figure it out online, get the address in advance, visit a post office to get an estimate on shipping cost, but don't mail it. Let the other person know the total with shipping, and you're good to go. I've done this a couple times when I've been less sure of the cost myself.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I try to estimate shipping, and then give a figure just a bit lower. I sold a couple Commemorative Editions a while back, and estimated about $5 shipping in a small box. It was $6-something, but that was fine with me. Worth the trouble of not going to the post office twice.

-Tony!

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Box it, weigh it, go here-
    http://postcalc.usps.gov/

That'll tell you about what it'll cost. I'd strongly suggest delivery confirmation, mostly to cover your own ass just in case. Plus it's only like $0.45.

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

QFT. Online shipping calculators are the most efficient route...unless you've already had enough experience to be able to make an accurate guess.

6. X-BRAWN81

X-BRAWN81 Survived Huriicane Dolly

Wow, thanks for all the help. Now to go over it all and then start posting my for sell list. Thanks guys for the help.