Question about shipping overseas

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, May 5, 2011.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've got a buyer on eBay who is asking me how much it would cost to post a loose MP Optimus Prime to Chile. I remember seeing a few auctions on eBay with warnings along the lines of "WILL NOT POST TO ITALY OR CHILE" and I was wondering if I should follow up on this. Is it okay to offer a shipping estimate to Chile or should I refuse the buyer? Also, could someone be a gent a weigh MP Optimus Prime if you have him? I'm afraid I don't have scales at the moment. :eek: 

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

At the very LEAST EMS or equivalent.

1) FULL insurance.
    2) Make sure it has to be signed for.

Weight: MP1 weighs a hair short of 4KG in it's box.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know that Chile's postal system is relatively good for South America, but I would avoid posting there until someone here can tell you of a positive experience they've had. Dealing with lost/missing packages is hard enough between the US and the UK - imagine what it must be like with the language barrier thrown in!

4. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Give them the real quote, even if it may be outrageously high. If you're nervous about shipping to Chile, be fully protected and give him that $50-$100 quote. It might be enough to scare him off and then you don't have to worry about it :wink: 

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime weighs 4kg? Really? I would have thought 1-2kg was a better estimate. Anyway, I took your advice and told the buyer it will cost £33 to ship to Chile. Ta muchly.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

This is what I do. I know I will probably lose out on a potential buyer, but that's better than quoting him something far less and losing out when you have to cover the excess OR them claiming they never got it and scamming you due to no tracking on the parcel.