question about selling my collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathprime, Feb 25, 2008.

1. deathprime

deathprime age old noob

I am about to sell my entire collection. I have about 200(rough estimate) transformers ranging from g1-the movie. All loose except for a robo vision prime and 08 bumblebee.

My question is what is the best way to sell them, In a large group or piece by piece. Id rather just get them out as a large group.

Im not interested in maximizing profit per say. I just want to make enough to buy and engagement ring, nothing to expensive.

Any tips or info on selling would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Junk Exchange would be a good place to sell your G1s, Classics, Alts, and MPs as those tend to go the fastest. You're also more likely to get what you paid for for each of those. With BW, Cybertron, and Movie TFs you might be better off going the ebay route.

3. deathprime

deathprime age old noob

what about G2, i have a lot of those

4. joevill

joevill Well-Known Member

You can be brave and sell it all in one giant lot, or you can sell them individually and whatever ones do not sale put them in a lot.

5. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

My guess is if you put a list of your items with prices in the Junkion you will move them very fast.

You will have to deal with the PM's and shipping each one.

I think you would get ALOT LESS by selling in a big lot?

Maybe put things into minilots? (Cars, planes, combiners, etc..)

That being said...here is my g1 Want list! :) 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=167136

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd recommend this. There may be one or two pieces that someone might want, without going for the whole lot.

My advice would be to post a list up in the Exchange, and do some searches on Ebay, see what is selling for good prices right now. Guys like Optimus and Megatron, and some of the harder to find guys should sell on their own. Obscure guys are a 50 / 50 thing, it totally depends on whether someone looking for one happens to find the auction at that time.

Good luck on raising funds for the ring, I hope you have many happy years ahead.

7. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should at least get a quote from BBTS Vintage department. They are capable of buying your entire collection and paying by check or paypal. It will save you the time and effort of communicating with potential buyers and haggle of price including shipping. Now they may low ball at first but you should always attempt to haggle with them. Just see what they have to offer before you move your items. Plus you get paid one lump sum.

PS She's worth it! Congrats!

8. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Grats dude, tough thing to do but worth it for your love. That being said, what g2 do you have? I dig some neon robots

9. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This isn't a bad idea if you're looking to get the money quickly. But be warned that they may not give you the greatest price. I would say selling them individually will bring more bang to your buck, especially G1. Do research first on ebay and see what they go for. That should give you a rough estimate on pricing.