Question about Seekers in the Universe Classics Line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quick question, seeing that we got Starscream released on wave 4 of the Universe Line, what are the chances or if anyone has heard anything about Thundercracker and Skywarp on a future wave?.
    Sorry if it has been posted, I've looked everywhere.
    Thanks for any info.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Skywarp has already been released in the Classics line, so chances are slim of a UNI2.0 release. Also, from what I have read, it's possible that we would see Thundercracker, Dirge or Thrust as a release here since Hasbro helped Takara with them for the Japan releases, even though they were store exclusives over there. At least I think all of them were, not sure exactly.

I'd love to see TC, Dirge and Thrust all released here. Especially in a three pack or something super nutty.

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i'd love to see the other seekers released by hasbro too.. although i got the henkei seekers n already preordered the coneheads..

4. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    The problem with releasing Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust in North America is that the original release was a convention exclusive... a very PRICEY convention exclusive.

If Hasbro releases them as they were for the con, that destroys the worth of the investment the con-goers made, and reduces the uniqueness and value of the set. No one really gives a damn about Bugbite or Dreadwind, but right now as a collector having Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust is considered quite a significant achievement.

If we DO get them, they'd have to change the deco, or do something to otherwise differentiate them from the Con releases. And likely then we'd still get screaming.

5. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Skywarp is possible.
    Hasbro has the rights to do that one.
    Thrust, t-cracker, dirge are club exclusives
    and are unlikely to see light of day again.
    Maybe the club needs to make some more
    and sell them on their site as club store exvclusives.

6. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i have the 07 botcon set and wouldnt mind at all the 3 jets being released to the public be it mold change or not.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

This has been discussed to great lengths so many times. I can't believe the search didn't come up with anything. I wouldn't hold my breath to seeing them released stateside again. They have already been released and are not as Iconic as Starscream for multiple releases. And again, it would cause a big stink I think for the folks who have the Botcon 07 set. We are collectors right, and part of collecting is having things that are not readily available to everyone, things to save to attain.

PS- I have the set.

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Thrust or Dirge get released, it will be the Japanese mold versions since they are different than the Botcon releases. Not sure how they would release Thundercracker since he would be the same mold as the Botcon one. Maybe alter his deco some.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

With the Henkei wing remolds for Thrust and Direge maybe they aren't as remote as they once were.

10. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought in one of the recent Q&As, Hasbro said they worked with Takara to make sure their versions of Dirge & Thrust were different from the Botcon versions, and that they are looking into ways to offer these figures and a version of Thundercracker in the future. I don't want exact replicas of the Botcon versions anyhow, since I already have them.

I do hope they get around to Sunstorm and G2 Ramjet (hopefully as a new character) though.

+-MWG-+

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we do get more Seekers/Coneheads, I really hope Hasbro does something to make sure that the master mold doesn't degrade too much. We've already gotten eight Seekers out of it and six Coneheads (counting convention and Japanese releases) - if they keep pumping more out we're going to get some serious QC issues. I'd hope that if Hasbro decides to do a wide release of Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, the other Rainmakers, or even that fugly bastard Sunstorm, they make sure that the molds are repaired or remade in order to keep quality up.

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Me want Thundercracker!

13. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Mass-release TC and Coneheads? It'd be nice, but doubtful.

Skywarp, yeah, there was the Maggie two-pack a couple years ago. And now the Dirge in the Roadbuster two-pack.

I don't see Hasbro doing anything but the same for TC or Thrust should they actually get anything more than what they've already gotten.

That said, don't know if I'll be able to get a pre-order in for the Coneheads before they're released. Might have to buy them loose or opened, which is just fine by me.

14. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Would be nice if they released the Henkei ones with the remolded wings here. I would import but I can't do $60 a figure right now...sad my seekers are missing half a team

15. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

Doesn't anyone ever read the Q&A? In the last one they pretty much said that they are considering the botcon seekers for us release, but we probably wouldn't see them till 2010.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

- Doesn't read the Q & A.

17. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where do you find the Q&A?, sorry if this is a stupid question.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just thinking that too. The latest Q&A pretty much stated that we'll get the Dirge and Thrust Henkei molds over here with a different deco, and that they were gonna find a way to do a different deco for Thundercracker.

All assuming that Universe returns next year....

Chris (wants TC released in his Euro Action Master colors hehehe)

19. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

That's one of the problems I have with the Botcons. The exclusives. Every other convention has exclusives that can be bought online for cost (or in the old days, mailed away for). Especially since we got scalpers getting most of the sets each year to sell at triple the price. Hasbro really needs to sell Botcon exclusives on their website just like they sell every other convention exclusive they have through the site.

Skywarp was already done as a store exclusive. They won't do him again, unless it's with UM, and as a reissue to Target once more of that two pack.

Club exclusives do not own Hasbro. Hasbro owns them. If Hasbro wanted to put out something that was a former club exclusive, guess who has no say in the matter and better just accept it to keep having exclusives?