Question about rub symbols (this is going to sound really stupid but hear me out)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Aug 19, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

I just ordered off eBay my first ever from a g1 mold (Takara Collection Hot Rod) and I've never owned a Hasbro Classics and I've always wondered, when you rub a rub symbol, will the faction go away after a while or is it permanent? I know this sounds stupid but what the hell, I have a wimpy collection anyway.

2. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Nice toy. I have an e-hobby clear hot rod and it is awesome...back on track, when you rub the symbol it shows the faction and then turns back to black until you rub it again.

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it fades away until you rub it again. The visibility is activated by your body heat in your finger-tip. It would also appear if the figure is directly underneath a light such as a lamp.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Or if it's hot. I remember a few summers back in the 80's when it was so hot, the rubsigns showed their factions without touching them.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Classics do the same thing. The rubsigns are identical in composition, I'd say.

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

ok, good lol. well, it was just something i was always curious about. thanks you all!

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah....the only rubsign figure i have is my reissue soundwave...shows when i hold it close to a lamp