Question about ROTF Leader Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else has seen this on their Leader Prime; when in robot mode the two parts on his upper back (the ones that hold the lower part of his smokestacks?), well i have an issue in which the pivot point there (where the blue part, the one with the flames and the lower part of the cab door) has a stress mark all around the shaft (its on the part with the flames, and both pieces,left and right that is, have the stress marks), it'll eventually break.
    So i was wondering if this is widespread (sorry about not having a picture available), or should i just return him and get another one.

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Mine's good.

3. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

Don't think mine is stressed either. Have a feeling it got stressed when you try to pull the red tab out of his grey belly slot, but applied force in the wrong spot, causing the upper blue panels/hinges to stress. I could be wrong, but Prime normally shouldn't be stressed up there. So either you might have gotten a lemon, or you might have stressed those parts by accident during your first transformation or two, when you didn't know the tricky red tabs too well on the belly and how to get them out.

4. Viper08

News Credits:
    I haven't transformed him yet, but it's about his blue backpack, not the red one. I just saw another thread about it called something like "ROTF Leader Prime backpack question" or something like that. I probably didn't explain it properly but the guy on that thread did a better job than me at explaining it.
    Thanks guys for the replies, I'll keep an eye on the forums to see if anyone less has this problem.

5. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Mine are stressed, because I was moving that part too hard.

After I saw the stress around the pegs, I eased up a lot when transforming, and the stress mark hasn't increased.

6. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

Oh, the backpack blue panel with flames. I got one rectangle peg hole with some stress around it. Just on one side. Don't think its something that will break eventually though. I also has a stress mark on the red lower arm peg hole, where the 2 arms come together for the truck mode. I think its just the nature of the toy, with some areas fits really tight. They don't seem to get worsen after transformations.

7. Viper08

News Credits:
    You're close; the stress is on that pivot point, at the base of the blue panel with the flames, around the base of the pivot cylinder; and mine looks like it'll eventually break. Funny thing is I haven't even messed with it, also just realized that that panel not only pivots but slides in and out during transformation.