Question about Rodimus Prime....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hi all. I have a quick question concerning Rodimus Prime. How can I tell if the Rodimus Prime I have is the original or the re-issue. Until today I didn't realize there was a re-issue version. But now that it has come to my attention I'd like to be sure of which I own. Any help is appreciated.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    quite a few ways. when you go to transform him, and extend the body up, is the rectangular cavity in the yellow plastic facing forwards or backwards? Facing forwards, that's normal. facing the back, that's a re-issue.

look at the eyes. on the original, they should be a blue line between two squinty-looking eyelids. on the reissue, the top eyelid has been painted blue instead, to give him a less squinty look.

I know the hasbro reissue had both these changes, but I can't be sure of the japanese reissue, as I don't have it.

3. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Thanks! I'm not home at the moment but will definetly check this out when I get there.
    Thanks! I'm not home at the moment but will definetly check this out when I get there.

4. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Check the copyright stamp. The original version isnt made in China. All of the re-issues are.

5. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Thanks. Just wondering then what would be the difference in value between the original G1 and the re-issued version?