Question About Returning an Item

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Auto Morph, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

So I bought a G1 TF off eBay and when it arrived, it was in shocking condition - dirty, multiple heavy paint chips and floppy limbs. None of this was shown in the picture or mentioned in the item description. In fact, with hindsight, the picture is obviously taken very carefully so as to hide some of the major flaws.

So I contact the seller asking to return the item as it does not match the description and it is of no use to me due to the poor condition, in exchange for a refund. First, he starts kicking his heels in about not wanting to repay me the postage as it was 'only' £1.17 and he's not a business wah wah wah.

So finally after days of back and forth, we've agreed that he will refund the total cost of the item plus half the cost of trackable postage to return the item to him.

My question is, should I send the item first or get him to pay me the money first? If I do send the item back and the refund never materialises, do I just claim for 'item not received'?
    The seller is being very stubborn and unhelpful so he could be capable of anything (he has already re-listed the item!!!)...

Anyone had this before?

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    IIRC, Paypal expect you to return the item before any refund is made.

I may be wrong however.

Anyone else?

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    hah, who was it? Sounds like a guy I've dealt with, who was a 100% arse about the refund.

Send it, make sure you send it trackable. He won't refund you (and doesn't have to) until the item's back in his possession.

If he doesn't pay up then you can open a dispute through paypal. Put something about what you've already agreed (e.g. item was received not as described - spoke to seller who agreed refund - refund has not materialised). But for the love of god make sure it's sent trackable, else you're boned.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The twat's username is 'Transformerman1980' (I have no qualms about naming and shaming). Literally all his listings contain the phrase "rare and genuine". He clutters up the UK site with blank listings for nameless TFs with no pics. He told me that he gets items returned all the time "with no problem". Maybe you want to start listing your stuff more accurately mate and then you wouldn't get so many returns?

In his re-listed item description, he states 'item re-listed due to TIMEWASTER'. I'm so tempted to open a Paypal dispute just to spite him for that comment, but I'm too lazy.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    What figure was it? Just curious :) 

6. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beacuse the way the seller is acting , when you mail it back send it with delivery confirmation and also have it so he has to sign for the package.. This way he cant pull the old excuse " i never got it , the mailman must have delivered it to teh wrong address" If he has to sign for it then you know for 100% sure that he got the package and he cant pull any tricks on you..

7. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    open a dispute with paypal...that will atleast lock up that amount of $$$ in his account while the process of it getting mailed back to him is processed...

"yeah i can be a dick when folks piss me off"

that is what i would do anyway...force paypal to make him take it back...

8. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That guys irritates me and I have never even bought from him. He posts a load of blank auctions, with no picture, saying that he doesnt know what the figure is but that it is 'rare and genuine'. Seriously, how can you know that it is rare and genuine if you cant identify it in the first place? And who is going to care about an auction for an unknown transformer with no picture? At least get a picture before you start listing. Then he adds a full list of everything in the description so it gets picked up by a load of my searches (for example, try searching for 'cyclonus' on the UK eBay site).

Then, most of his auctions state that there are no accessories included at all (although this is a 'must buy' and 'wow') but that these are very easy to pick up on eBay! Really?

I have always just avoided him on principle, and it looks like this was a good decision.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It was G1 Banzaitron. I wanted the figure so I could use the head for my HFTD version. Seriously, you should see the condition of the one the guy sent me - it looks like it's been up someone's nose for 20 years and picked at constantly as it's covered in some kind of green mushy grime with barely any paint left on the thing.

I think he let his dog chew on it for a while, stuck it up his arse and then puked on it before shaking it violently to loosen any potentially good joints there might be left.

Then he listed it on eBay as this amazing rare pristine item. What a mug I was.

Today he finally agreed to the return with refund of cost of the figure plus half the postage (£1).

I know this is not the 'list of bad eBay sellers' thread, but seriously everyone in the UK, do yourselves a favour and avoid this prick like the plague.

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Just found his listings. Bloody hell, those things are not 'rare and genuine'. Half of them aren't rare at all.